Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello, everyone :)

Hello, everyone :)

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello, everyone :)

Postby delyn0831 » Tue 03.27.2012 11:16 pm

Hi... :) i'm new here and new in learning the Japanese language. Japanese language caught my eye since i watched my first 'undubbed' animé.. And ever since, i wanted to learn the language but I always stop just before i finish hiragana. But now, i'm determined to learn :) i bought some beginner books and the application 'beginning Japanese words & phrases' in this application, i learned of this site :)

I'm hoping that this site and it's members helps in my learning.. Please point out if ever i have any mistakes.. And also suggestions for ways of studying is also very much appreciated as I always seems to drop it.. Oh.. And also.. I like playing games.. I read in a topic, in this very site, about learning japanese by playing games :) i only have an iPhone and a PS3.. May i know what games in itunes (US) store i should play that is written in japanese :)

Thank you very much :)
Just started.. Wishing to be able to make it a 'long-term memory'
Any suggestions how?

Hiragana : 45/46
Katakana : 45/46

(why do i always forget 1 kana character?)

I only know japanese kanji character from 1-10 and the kanji for "person" 人 and sun and book..
delyn0831

Native language: Filipino, english

Re: Hello, everyone :)

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Wed 03.28.2012 1:04 am

TJPへようこそ!
I recommend checking out Heisig's 'Remembering the Kanji', and a program called 'Anki', but really, any SRS will be better than traditional flashcards/flashcard programs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition_system
がんばってください!
SomeCallMeChris

Native language: English

Return to Introductions