Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello from the land of the Pharaohs!

Hello from the land of the Pharaohs!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello from the land of the Pharaohs!

Postby ahmadismail » Sun 09.30.2012 7:51 am

Hello everybody,

My name is Ahmad. I'm a 35 year old Egyptian. I teach Arabic as a foreign language in Cairo, and I'm doing an MA in TAFL (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language) at the American University in Cairo. I have a real passion for Japanese Language, both for linguistic and literary reasons. I'm an avid reader of Japanese literature; my favorite writers include Mishima and Kawabata. I read them in English, though, because I'm still a beginner in Japanese. Learning Japanese could also enhance my career opportunities, because I might, one day, travel to Japan to teach Arabic.

I've started learning Japanese about a year ago, with a focus on Learning the Kanji fisrt. I used the Heisig method, which proved to be extremely useful. I'm now focusing on speaking and listening skills; Japanesepod101.com has proved to be a great learning tool in this respect.

Although I have finished Tae Kim's Guide to Learning Japanese, one of the greatest Japanese grammar resources on the web, I still, every now and then, encounter Japanese phrases or sentences that don't make sense to me, although I know the meaning of each word. I hope advanced users of this forum will help me unravel these mysteries. Needless to say, once I start to master Japanese, I would be happy to help others.

Thanks
Ahmad
ahmadismail

Native language: English

Return to Introductions