Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Minna san Konbonwa

Minna san Konbonwa

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Minna san Konbonwa

Postby Salmeren » Fri 10.12.2012 8:55 pm

:ninja:
Hello,
I'm new to this site and new to Nihongo, reletively, i've only been at it a few months. I joined this site because i wanted to get to know other people who were learning or maybe who speak natively, and get advice on how to study, and in what order i should study. I can speak some and i can write in the most basic hiragana, i haven't really touched kanji yet, my biggest hurdle with Nihongo so far is that i'm embarassed to try and talk with fluent or native speakers :blush: i look forword to getting to know you guys and hope for advice Dozo yoroshiku onegai shimasu :wink:
Salmeren

Native language: English

Re: Minna san Konbonwa

Postby Shiroisan » Sat 10.13.2012 2:13 am

Nice to meet you :D. There's no need to be embarrassed. Japanese people as a whole are well known for believing their own language to be extremely difficult for others to learn, and will likely compliment you on even the most basic of Japanese, if you encounter someone in real life.

Salmeren wrote:
hope for advice

My first piece of advice is to switch to typing in hiragana characters if you know how. It's very useful for when you need to look for help on the internet for your Japanese. Also:

"dozo" = douzo
"minna san" = mina san. [When you attach "san" to "minna", it becomes "mina"]
"konbon" = konban
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Return to Introductions