Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - こんいちわ!Everyone ^_^

こんいちわ!Everyone ^_^

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

こんいちわ!Everyone ^_^

Postby Neku » Tue 12.04.2012 9:23 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Neku. I have been lurking around the site for a couple months now. I just recently started getting back into Japanese. I'm still learning the basics of Japanese and hoping to get some improvements done. :) Hope I will feel welcome to the site. This site is a really great place to learn Japanese! :D Hope we can be friends. Thanks. :) Sorry I'm bad at introductions. xD
Neku

Native language: English

Re: こんいちわ!Everyone ^_^

Postby LordOfTheFlies » Wed 12.05.2012 12:41 am

Hi there and welcome to TJP! I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask them either on the forums or on the chat. The chat doesn't always have actively participating people, but if you write something and wait for a while, someone will probably answer you eventually :)

It's spelled こんにちは by the way ^^

You have to press n three times, and the particle wa is always written with the hiragana for ha. So; konnnichiha.
LordOfTheFlies

Native language: Swedish

Postby Neku » Wed 12.05.2012 1:29 pm

LordOfTheFlies wrote:Hi there and welcome to TJP! I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask them either on the forums or on the chat. The chat doesn't always have actively participating people, but if you write something and wait for a while, someone will probably answer you eventually :)

It's spelled こんにちは by the way ^^

You have to press n three times, and the particle wa is always written with the hiragana for ha. So; konnnichiha.

Thanks for finding that there. :) A friend told me it was spelled with 2 n's so thanks for pointing that out, I appreciate it! ^_^
Neku

Native language: English

Postby Ongakuka » Thu 12.06.2012 5:27 am

A friend told me it was spelled with 2 n's

Your friend is right; LordoftheFlies is just referring to the number of times you press the 'n' button on your keyboard.

The 'n' sound (ん) requires two pushes of your 'n' key.

今 こん 
日 にち

Nice to meet you by the way :) よろしく~
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Return to Introductions