Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - future exchange student here! (jks) lol^^ just wanna say hi!

future exchange student here! (jks) lol^^ just wanna say hi!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

future exchange student here! (jks) lol^^ just wanna say hi!

Postby ai_love_gaara » Sat 12.17.2005 3:57 am

hajimemashite, minna-san. watashi wa...iie, boku wa ai_love_gaara desu;)
yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
^^

:)how's my japanese? is it good? even if it ever did sound good, that's all i can say basically. but i hope i can meet other jap wanna-be's on this site though, i never knew that so many people here wanna learn jap:p
so, hi everyone, im a girl from australia, a filippina but i cant speak my own language (and thats partly why i wanna learn jap) u may see me around here i hope, and maybe i can make new frendz here lol
^^

ps: i hav a question. i just finished year 8 and i'm thirteen, im 14 in july next year so all the experienced guys here, do u think i stand a chance in learning how to speak japanese and write before im in year eleven? do u think becoming a foreign exchange student is possible? is it worth trying? how long do u think it would take? i hope lots of ppl can help me while im here, thanxB)^_^
Last edited by ai_love_gaara on Thu 12.22.2005 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
my fav simpsons epispode! ^^
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Donna\My%20Documents\Mr_Sparkle.gif[/img]
ai_love_gaara

RE: future exchange student here! (jks) lol^^ just wanna say

Postby Aoshi » Sun 12.25.2005 5:37 am

Not bad you are learning jap quite fast...i must admit you are a fast learner knowing that you just started learning it...LOL:D:p:D
Yoroshiku...minna-san.....watashi wa nihonjin desu...
Aoshi

Postby ai_love_gaara » Mon 01.02.2006 9:21 am

aa, arigatou gozaimasu!
i feel better now ;)
thanks very much!

oh and by the way, i forgot to mention that i love this site, thank u so much! is it Daisuke who made this? thanks. its very nice.
i also forgot i love anime and drawing, and i watch anime like naruto and full metal panic. (GAARA ROCKS!)

PS: Happy New Years! Have a nice year everyone and i hope u all learn heaps of jap this year.:)
ai_love_gaara

Postby SaigoNoBan » Mon 01.02.2006 10:05 am

Irasshai (Welcome) to the forum ai! I live exactly on the other side of the planet... but learning Japanese is my biggest wish too! Let's study hard together, this language is indeed wonderful:D

I just started off too, so don't take my word for gold at least for the next 5 or 6 years (:p) but I'm pretty sure 'boku' is used only by boys... I think you can use あたし (atashi) if you want a (female) gender-specific pronoun.
If you want to sound tougher on the other hand, perhaps you could stick to 私(watashi) and use だ(da) or なんだ(nanda) instead of desu...

But I'm sure you'll learn this, and much much more, very soon.

Keep up the good work, and enjoy yourself,
Max
とうとう戻ってきました!^_^ お待たせしました
SaigoNoBan

Postby Lagoon » Mon 01.02.2006 10:17 am

Welcome Ai ^_^ .
I myself am a beginner, so i don't really have any more advice other than keep up the good work! ^^ . It'a nice to see other people trying hard to learn this wonderful language and culture.
Soon *Cough* I'll master it ! :D
*Ponders*
Lagoon

Postby emingygurl » Mon 01.02.2006 10:26 am

Hey, welcome to the forum! I just started out as well, currently studying Hiragana. I too love Gaara! ^.^ And Naruto (the show, even though I love the character too of course!) Maybe we can help each other out since we both started learning?
"It's not that I want to win, it's just that I don't want to lose."- Gackt
emingygurl

Postby Infidel » Mon 01.02.2006 2:05 pm

Ai- How come your avatar of Gaara is missing his Ai tattoo?
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Gan » Mon 01.02.2006 7:15 pm

僕も。 けど I have been stuying 4 way over 5 years and im still a beginner.. started at age 12 and im 18 now. so Ai I hope we can be friends... and maybe we can discuss over a messenger? pm me if you want. welcome to the japanese page. yes it is wonderful.. its.. i wanna say kakkoi. or sugoi but then ill sound like some japanese upset anime otoko fan..... which i am but im not really proud of that..
Gan

Native language: English

Postby ai_love_gaara » Thu 01.05.2006 4:18 am

:(:(:(:(
thanx everyone!
I'm pretty sure 'boku' is used only by boys...

yea, i've noticed that some people in anime still use boku and are guys, but in Hack Dusk Milleiyu (who is a girl) uses boku and ive heard somewhere people make fun of those who use boku coz' little kids use it to refer to themself. oh well, i'm 13 and a half but i'm still a kid at heart! ^^

Ai- How come your avatar of Gaara is missing his Ai tattoo?

oh, that? thats because he's chibi gaara, when he was six (kawaii!!) before he got the kanji tattoo.

nice to meet u all!;):):D:p
ai_love_gaara

Postby mandolin » Thu 01.05.2006 4:32 am

Lesson 1. Don't learn the language from anime.

Sure, watch it. Listen to it. Get a feel for pronounciation.

But for all that's holy don't use it to learn usage.

That said... boku -can- be used by girls, if they're trying really hard to be 'one of the guys'. But you'd be looked down on probably. Japanese is heavy on conformity. I believe it was Ishnar on this site who first introduced me to the japanese saying "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down."
mandolin

Postby ai_love_gaara » Thu 01.05.2006 7:02 am

u're right, yea anime made me WANT to learn the language in the first place, but i dont use it to learn. i use a CDrom to learn, and also this site, but i watch anime to sort of learn how people interact with others and what words some of the characters use if they're young or not, and culture etc. (other words the social world), otherwise, i watch anime for fun.
ai_love_gaara

Postby OT86 » Thu 01.05.2006 9:11 am

First off, welcome to the site + forums

While it's true that Anime won't teach you "model" Japanese, you can't really "learn from it" anyway. Anime's dont really teach you words, they remind you of what you've already learned.

For example, when I started watching animes, all the dialogue was just random words, I couldn't really pick any of them out by ear.

Now, having studied Jap for a while, every time a word i've just learned is said in an anime I instantly recognise it and know what it means without any subtitles (obviously its only the odd word right about now, but in time it'll become easier).

Really, most of the language used in animes is quite colloquial and "casual" for general use. The kind of language you'd probably use around your close friends.

I'm by no means an expert, but I've watched enough anime to know that it doesn't teach (apart from the odd word). It just reinforces what you already know

If you want to practice reading though try to buy a few Jap mangas from the internet. Most of them have Furigana (Kanji explained through hiragana) so you don't need to know too many (if any) Kanji.

http://www.yesasia.com - Have a pretty huge selection. I recently bought 3 volumes of Suzuka and it's helped me so much already. Read what you can, get to a word you dont know, then look it up in a dictionary. Voila, you're already building up your vocabulary.

As a start i'd recommend learning all the Grammar sections on this site and then think about learning the Kana (I learned through repetition, but there are several methods).

Either way, don't give up! A few years ago I was a young anime fan who thought Japanese was "cool" but didn't have the motivation to study it. Now i'm older and "wiser" ;) I want to learn it for so many other different reasons. If I hadn't given up 3 years ago think where I'd be now! Don't make the same mistake.

Also, it will take a lot of time and patience, but to really succeed you need dedication. How much you get out of the Japanese language depends on how much you put in to studying it.

Good luck and so on...

/rant
Last edited by OT86 on Thu 01.05.2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
OT86

Postby Mariya » Thu 01.05.2006 9:46 am

Hiya, welcome. Hope you enjoy it here!

No, Daisuke didn't make the site, Clay-san did. :) Another thing: Please go to this thread:

http://thejapanesepage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1502
Mariya

Postby Daisuke » Thu 01.05.2006 9:59 am

ai_love_gaara wrote:
aa, arigatou gozaimasu!
i feel better now ;)
thanks very much!

oh and by the way, i forgot to mention that i love this site, thank u so much! is it Daisuke who made this? thanks. its very nice.
i also forgot i love anime and drawing, and i watch anime like naruto and full metal panic. (GAARA ROCKS!)

PS: Happy New Years! Have a nice year everyone and i hope u all learn heaps of jap this year.:)

No, I am unluckily not the genius who created this place.. I would need a serious practice with my comp skills to be able to do that.

But I hope you like Clay's site.`

I have been around for soon a year, which was around when the forums started up.. But the site is older than that.. 4 years I think the site has existed..
Last edited by Daisuke on Thu 01.05.2006 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby ai_love_gaara » Mon 01.16.2006 5:54 am

No, Daisuke didn't make the site, Clay-san did. Another thing: Please go to this thread:

http://thejapanesepage.com/forum/viewth ... ad_id=1502

Oh, sorry clay-san! Thanks. Thanks anyway, Daisuke.

And oops... i hope "jap" doesnt offend anyone.i just used "jap" because i'm a bit lazy when i type (too much MSN ^^)
ai_love_gaara

Next

Return to Introductions