Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello

Hello

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello

Postby tigerstripe_88 » Sun 02.26.2006 6:19 am

Konnichia wa!

I've been trying to learn Japanese for about 6 months, self-taught from a book...but its not going well lol

I lack motivation and feedback from people who know what they're talking about. Then I found this place:D

I would one day love to speak Japanese to people who havent a clue what I'm saying because over here all we seem to get taught are european languages which dont interest me at all whereas Japan has a great culture and a friendly atmosphere which sounds most appealing.

Thanks for listening and I hope to be able to communicate my gratitude in Japanese soon enough;)
tigerstripe_88

RE: Hello

Postby mechakucha » Sun 02.26.2006 7:06 am

Konnichiwa. TJP ni youkoso.
This is a great place to learn so I hope you get something out of here.
I was like you before, only self-teaching myself Japanese and started like 9 months ago but this place has helped me tremendously and kept me motivated. Getting to know so many people who like me are all trying their best to learn Japanese makes me feel I'm not alone out there.

But something I'm confused about, you said u want to speak Japanese so ppl don't understand what you are talking about? hmm..

Anyway, so I wish you all the best. ganbatte ne!:)
mechakucha

Postby keatonatron » Sun 02.26.2006 7:30 am

tigerstripe_88 wrote:
I would one day love to speak Japanese to people who havent a clue what I'm saying

You know, you could just make up a bunch of jibberish and it would have the same effect ;)

A lot of people say "I was doing self study, but it was too hard so I came here." One thing a lot of people don't seem to realize is that participating in a forum like this IS self study! In fact, it's pretty much essential if you really want to progress.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby tigerstripe_88 » Sun 02.26.2006 7:51 am

keatonatron wrote:
tigerstripe_88 wrote:
I would one day love to speak Japanese to people who havent a clue what I'm saying

You know, you could just make up a bunch of jibberish and it would have the same effect ;)

I know but it seems like such a rare skill here in the UK especially in the area I'm in it would just be nice to know something others dont.

A lot of people say "I was doing self study, but it was too hard so I came here." One thing a lot of people don't seem to realize is that participating in a forum like this IS self study! In fact, it's pretty much essential if you really want to progress.

At least here theres other people in your own position so theres more motivation and help.
tigerstripe_88

Return to Introductions