Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Introduction

Introduction

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Introduction

Postby Chenka » Sun 02.26.2006 10:27 am

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as well. I've been lurking on this site for a while but am finally getting active in learning Japanese.

My name is Carola, 16 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm fluent in Dutch and English (well, I suppose ;)) and I can understand German perfectly (although my grammar skills are lacking).

I got interested in Japan about 4 years ago through the music (it all started with L'Arc~en~Ciel) and I'm still really interested in modern Japanese music. Slowly I also got interested in other aspects of Japan. Last summer I went to Japan as an exchange student. Only for 5 weeks though, but it was a great experience. I lived in the Akita prefecture, so far far away from Tokyo and all those popular places. This summer I will be going back but this time just 3 weeks for vacation.. in Tokyo. Next year, after I graduate from high school, there is a big chance I will go to Japan for a whole year. I wanted to do that anyway, but because of several reasons I decided I'd go to university first (I'm going to study Japanese). The chance to go back for a year came very unexpected so now I really have to start taking Japanese language seriously :| So that's why I want to get active on this site, along with other methods of learning. Going to be tough, but now I really have to. Definitely good motivation.

Anyway. Besides Japan I just overall love music. I play the electric bass guitar and the clarinet. And I've got a severe addiction to the internet.
Chenka

RE: Introduction

Postby Zeo » Sun 02.26.2006 10:34 am

Welcome to this site!
I hope you find it very useful:)
If anything should come up, need help wih your japanese? Got question about it?
Just throw us a question here in the forums and we'll help you as good as we can. :D

Have a nice day,
- Zeo
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby keatonatron » Sun 02.26.2006 10:49 am

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to find the answers yourself first ;) You learn a lot more that way. You can find the answers to most questions just by searching a bit. When you really can't find something, or you've got an obscure question, we'll be happy to help! (I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but a lot of people come on here and ask the exact same fundamental questions that are answered on a plethora of easy-to-find websites.)
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby Chenka » Sun 02.26.2006 12:00 pm

First of all, thanks for the welcomes :D

And keatonatron, I understand what you mean. I own a really big forum myself and it's just so tiresome when people ask the same question over and over before even searching for the answer themselves!
Chenka

Postby amego » Sun 02.26.2006 3:24 pm

Hajimemashite! A big welcome to the friendliest community on Earth! :D
amego

Postby Sachi » Sun 02.26.2006 3:25 pm

Welcome to the site :)

Even just by lurking around on the boards you can learn a lot. That's what usually ends up happening to me! ;)

Chenka wrote:

Anyway. Besides Japan I just overall love music. I play the electric bass guitar and the clarinet. And I've got a severe addiction to the internet.

I love music, too. Bass? I play just regular guitar :D Still horrible, though. Haha! I play piano a bit, too. And I also have a severe addiction to the internet ;)
Sachi

Postby Zeo » Sun 02.26.2006 5:11 pm

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to find the answers yourself first You learn a lot more that way. You can find the answers to most questions just by searching a bit. When you really can't find something, or you've got an obscure question, we'll be happy to help! (I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but a lot of people come on here and ask the exact same fundamental questions that are answered on a plethora of easy-to-find websites.)

*Thumbs up* Perfectly right keatonatron :D First search for the answer yourself, then ask if you can't find it, or just simply can't understand it even though you have tried :);) This is the way you learn :D

I play the electric bass guitar

*More thumbs up* It's good to see some bass players out there *grin*
Last edited by Zeo on Sun 02.26.2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Return to Introductions