Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hi! *waves*

Hi! *waves*

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hi! *waves*

Postby Wu Li » Thu 03.09.2006 8:07 pm

I'm brand spanking new to the wonderful world of learning to read & write Japanese/Kanji/etc. My Cousin moved to Japan last year & I suddenly feel inspired to learn more about the culture. I hope to take my daughter with me next year to visit my family there. I'm sure we would both enjoy it much more if we had a better idea about the language. Also, we are HUGE Nintendo video game fans & would like to understand what is being said (in original Japanese versions).

FYI: I chose my username, Wu Li, from part of the title to one of my all time favorite books, "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" written by Gary Zuchaw.

I look forward to meeting more members & becoming a helpful member instead of only constantly asking questions.
Wu Li

RE: Hi! *waves*

Postby kanadajin » Thu 03.09.2006 8:42 pm

Hello Wu li! :D Yes Japanese is a very fun and great language and culture! I also am a fan of Nintendo.. Any games really. I hope you keep your interest for the Japanese language and culture. Also I wish you very good luck. :D

PS. Don't make the same mistake as I did.. -_-" Use The japanese page's grammer section Its very helpful.
kanadajin

Postby Wu Li » Thu 03.09.2006 9:09 pm

Thanks for your welcome kanadajin! I'll definitely be checking out every single source of info in this fantastic site. Thanks for the warning ;-)
Wu Li

Postby kanadajin » Thu 03.09.2006 9:13 pm

=DDD Yea and make sure to try the learn kana program in the download section it's a great way to practice kana

If you don't know what kana is it is Hiragana and Katakana..
kanadajin

Postby Wu Li » Thu 03.09.2006 10:56 pm

I'm not sure where I should start. There is so much to do & so many choices here. I play Nintendo video games (GC & GBA/DS) that haven't been translated into English yet and am trying to figure out the best way to start learning to read what is being said in the games. I posted a question along with a picture HERE, but nobody has responded yet. I've heard that the language used in the games is a mixture of Japanese, Kanji, & possibly others. If anyone could tell me more about that & what I can do to learn to read it I'd truly appreciate it.
Wu Li

Postby kanadajin » Thu 03.09.2006 11:17 pm

Like i mentioned the Learn kana program is great to learn kana. it takes a long time to learn japanese. But this site is very helpful. For vocabulary i would go to http://www.learn-japanese.info it is a great vabulary site. A lot of romaji, good for beginner's.
kanadajin

Return to Introductions