Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hi

Hi

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hi

Postby SpeedWolf » Thu 03.16.2006 7:16 am

My name is Jesse and I am currently teaching myself Japanese using the help of this site as well as others, for I was unable to get into a Japanese language course at my university this semester (but I will take one next fall).

My main reason for learning Japanese is because my girlfriend is Japanese and I want to know what she means when she writes "ジエシー は ばか" on all of my sticky notes on my desk...just kidding :D.

I actually want to learn because I hope to teach English in Japan once I graduate. I plan on visiting Japan next June or July so I can determine if I really want to stay there for a full year (or more). I am aware that previous comprehension of Japanese is not necessary for teaching programs like JET and NOVA and what have you, but I think it would only be fair for me to know the language before I go there and try to teach them English. Not to mention that I think it would be useful in order to make friends outside of the school I'd be teaching in.
SpeedWolf

RE: Hi

Postby Zeo » Thu 03.16.2006 9:44 am

Hello!
Welcome to this site! :D :) Have fun, learn lots. :)
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

RE: Hi

Postby keatonatron » Thu 03.16.2006 10:23 am

I'm happy to see you're willing to make an effort to take advantage your (tentative) visit to Japan. Knowing even basic Japanese will make your stay much more enjoyable!

There are too many people who think "I'm bored. I think I'll apply for JET. I don't need to know any Japanese, I'll be speaking English for a job anyway."
keatonatron

Native language: English

Return to Introductions