Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hi. Looking for Someone to practice with on MSN

Hi. Looking for Someone to practice with on MSN

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hi. Looking for Someone to practice with on MSN

Postby StrandedInATreetop » Wed 03.22.2006 11:52 pm

I've posted a little bit but never really introduced myself. I'm a college sophmore self-teaching Japanese, have been for about 3-4 months. I hope to live there for a few years after college. I'm interested in the culture but I find most Anime and J-pop annoying (with a few great exceptions).

I went through most of Japanese for Busy People 1 and decided I didn't like it much and switched over to Genki 1. I'm on chapter 5 now, but I know most of the vocab in the book. I know about 120-150 kanji (I'm on 75 in the book Kanji & Kana and I know a bunch more random kanji). I'm still having a bit of a hard time with "ga" and the -te form and I'm also looking to practice my vocab with simple convorsation. I'm pretty sure I have the same knowledge as my friends in their second semested

My goal is to be familiar with 400 kanji and at least through Genki 1 (making progress on Genki 2) by the end of the summer.

If you are at the same level or close and want to practice and chat on MSN (or AIM if you don't have MSN) please PM or reply.
Last edited by StrandedInATreetop on Thu 03.23.2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StrandedInATreetop

RE: Hi. Looking for Someone to practice with on MSN

Postby Frumious Boojum » Thu 03.23.2006 8:25 pm

It would help if we knew what your MSN and AIM info is. :)

Update your profile a bit and it'll be easier for us.
Frumious Boojum

Return to Introductions