Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - ATTENTION WORLD: Here is something everyone should know:

ATTENTION WORLD: Here is something everyone should know:

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

ATTENTION WORLD: Here is something everyone should know:

Postby laurenkendall » Thu 04.13.2006 6:38 pm

Something everyone should know:

In an alternate universe, 2+2=5.

Follows are some things that, though it is not essential everyone knows them, are fairly interesting as well.

My name is Lauren.
I am 18 years old.
I study languages obsessively.
I speak English fluently, French proficiently, can read, write and speak some Arabic and Farsi, am taking Spanish classes, AND I am also taking Japanese.
I wasn't even interested in Japan until about 2 weeks ago. I really wanted to learn some new languages and, on a whim, decided I'd sign up for Japanese. I have since then realized that the Japanese language is basically excellent, and that Japanese people pretty much rock my socks off. And.... *clich alert!* I am also obsessed with sushi. Yum. Mmm. Hooray. Delicious. Good.
So that is me. Hello, you!
Oh, and I also can't figure out why I can't get my avatar to show up. Boooooo......
laurenkendall

RE: ATTENTION WORLD: Here is something everyone should know:

Postby Christian_ » Thu 04.13.2006 6:43 pm

はじめまして、ラルレンケンダルさん。 Welcome to TJP, its awesome! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, its rare one goes unaswered. Anyway I hope you like it here, またね。
Goals:
1) Have decent proficiency in Japanese, enough to get around/talk/read/write.
2) Visit Japan for a week or so one summer.
Christian_

Postby punkgrl326 » Thu 04.13.2006 7:20 pm

Hajimemashite, laurenkendall-san (ローレンケンダルさん). Welcome to TJP, the best site for learning japanese in the world! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm just a beginner, but there are ppl here like Harisenbon-san and Keatonatron-san who are very fluent in their Nihongo. There's also coco-san who's a native japanese, so like kurisuchan said, feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy your stay here. The japanese language is very interesting. :D
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby elXco » Thu 04.13.2006 10:21 pm

Welcome to the forums!:D
Have fun and ill be on a lot as well!
elXco

Postby Takeo Saeki » Thu 04.13.2006 11:40 pm

Konban wa Lauren-san! I hope you enjoy TJP. It is a very helpful site and all the members are friendly (though occasionally sarcastic, but don't mind that ;)). I am still very much a beginner, although I am far more profficient than I was last month. I am learning grammar and words and I am almost done with Katakana and have memorized all Hiragana. I will soon start learning Kanji. I owe most of that to TJP and its members. If the time comes where I am capable of assisting you, I will. LOL.

P.S. Seattle, huh? Nice. I used to live there. Not a bad place, for the most part. Rainy, though. ;)
Last edited by Takeo Saeki on Thu 04.13.2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takeo Saeki

Return to Introductions