I'm here to help you.

New members may introduce themselves in this forum
Chico

RE: I'm here to help you.

Post by Chico » Mon 10.23.2006 9:04 am

tealeafkitty wrote:
あっ。。。 わかりました。。。 ありがとう、Chico-さん、さち-さん, rich-さん〜

@Chico-さん: I'm trying to learn the fundamental grammar things, like sentence structures and particles, before I try to learn the more detailed things like Kanji and verb/adjective conjugations. Is that a good way to go about learning Japanese? @.@
kitty san, sorry, I think I shouldnt have said that. ("You have lots of things to learn before learning particles.") I've just bought a book which is about teaching Japanese. ( I wanted to put "today" but I dont know where to put =()And it says learning particles first is important to study Japanese. I'm sorry if I made you confused.
datdo wrote:
@Chico or anyone else who could answer this- This goes back to the acronym conversation. What does "w" mean in "japanese leet"? I see players say it all the time when I play Trickster.
richvh wrote:
w comes from part of the kanji 笑う, to laugh, so think of it as "lol"
Hi, datdo. What rich san has explained is almost right. "w" comes form the first letter of "warai". "warai" is nominalized form of "warau". Japanese people used to use (笑) as English "lol", but people've got lazier to type (笑) and ended up using "w". Some Japanese people often do that. I dont really like using "w", so I always use 笑. I'm still lazy to put "()". ^^;
I\'m Japanese. I\'m trying to help Japanese learners. Feel free to ask me! However, my English might not be good enough. Any corrections to my English are appreciated!

Tspoonami

Post by Tspoonami » Fri 12.01.2006 10:54 pm

Chico wrote:It's my pleasure! :D
チコさんはチャットのフーリンですか?

:D
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.

chchan45

Post by chchan45 » Sun 12.03.2006 11:38 am

Chico wrote:
I've just bought a book which is about teaching Japanese. ( I wanted to put "today" but I dont know where to put =()
Chico san,

I am not a native English speaker but I think I know enough English to answer your question ;)

I think you can use the "today" as follows:
1. I've just bought a book today which is about teaching Japanese.
2. Today I bought a book which is about teaching Japanese.

1は「本を買ったばかりだ」という行動を強調する。完了時制を使えても可。
2は「今日(本を買った時点)」を強調する。完了時制を使えば多少違和感を感じます。過去時制を使えば適切だと思います。

I've just bought a book which is about teaching Japanese today

これは絶対駄目。「今日(こんにち)に日本語を教え方についての本を買ったばかりだ」に誤解されかねません。
Reading 李香蘭 私の半生

Please note that:
1. English is not my first language.
2. I am not Japanese. I am prone to making mistakes so please point them out if you see any.

chaskarmukund

Post by chaskarmukund » Mon 12.11.2006 4:03 am

Hi,
How about you teaching in romaji japanese. I am just learning some Japanese, only Hirakana, Katakana completed. However, interested in learning small sentences for day today uses. will you please respond. thanks.
[mail][/mail]

chikara
Native language: English (Australian)

Post by chikara » Mon 12.11.2006 6:45 pm

chaskarmukund wrote:
....How about you teaching in romaji japanese....
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :o
.....I am just learning some Japanese, only Hirakana, Katakana completed.......
If you have learnt hiragana and katakana why do you want someone to "teach" in romaji?
Especially a native speaker :o

If you know hiragana and katakana forget romaji. How will your hiragana and katakana reading ability improve if you use romaji? It is never too soon to start learning some kanji. If someone gives a reply that includes a kanji you don't understand look it up in WWWJDIC. You'll be surprised how quickly you will start to recognise the more common kanji and know their meaning.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there

punkgrl326

Post by punkgrl326 » Mon 12.11.2006 7:51 pm

はじめまして!私は、ローレンです。よろしくお願いします。TJPへようこそ!私の日本語は、とても下手です、でもまだChicoさんを助けようとする。:)

Edit: Tried to see if I could type it all in 日本語.
Last edited by punkgrl326 on Mon 12.11.2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz

kohyin

Post by kohyin » Mon 12.11.2006 9:58 pm

ようこそ!
私も最近加入したばかりの日本人です。
どうぞ よろしく!
緑@光陰
http://www.kohyin.com
署l署F、皆仲良くしましょう。