Hello!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum
Post Reply
joques
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu 06.16.2005 5:13 pm

Hello!

Post by joques » Thu 06.16.2005 5:20 pm

I am a Norwegian, just starting out learning Japanese, and I'm just starting to realize how alien and complicated this language is!

So why am I doing it? Well, I work as a translator, which means I am interested in languages. Though I'm not deluding myself that I can learn Japanese well enough to translate it anytime soon, or even ever. I've just always been fascinated by Japanese culture, and of course films and anime. Right now it's more of a hobby project than anything else, but we'll see where it takes me eventually.

Anyway, this site seems like just what the doctor ordered. Looking forward to get to know you guys!
Last edited by joques on Wed 06.22.2005 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Joakim Ruud, Botsen Nanobryggeri
For to accuse requires less eloquence, such is man\'s nature, than to
excuse; and condemnation, than absolution, more resembles justice.
-Hobbes, Leviathan

Daisuke
Site Admin
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed 02.02.2005 5:20 am

RE: Hello!

Post by Daisuke » Thu 06.16.2005 7:56 pm

Hey!! Another scandinavian (I am from Denmark) :) ... Welcome! Good luck learning Japanese.. ;)

joques
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu 06.16.2005 5:13 pm

RE: Hello!

Post by joques » Sat 06.18.2005 2:53 am

Thank you! :)
Last edited by joques on Mon 06.20.2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Joakim Ruud, Botsen Nanobryggeri
For to accuse requires less eloquence, such is man\'s nature, than to
excuse; and condemnation, than absolution, more resembles justice.
-Hobbes, Leviathan

anime21
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat 06.18.2005 1:48 pm
Contact:

RE: Hello!

Post by anime21 » Sat 06.18.2005 1:59 pm

Good luck i hope you're doing well
i'm chinese so japanese may be hard for me
i live in UK
Anime/Manga Forever!!!

joques
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu 06.16.2005 5:13 pm

RE: Hello!

Post by joques » Tue 06.21.2005 4:13 am

anime21 wrote:
Good luck i hope you're doing well
i'm chinese so japanese may be hard for me
i live in UK
Well, I guess the kanji will be easier for you than for us westeners :)
--
Joakim Ruud, Botsen Nanobryggeri
For to accuse requires less eloquence, such is man\'s nature, than to
excuse; and condemnation, than absolution, more resembles justice.
-Hobbes, Leviathan

patton
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun 06.19.2005 8:43 am
Contact:

RE: Hello!

Post by patton » Tue 06.21.2005 10:09 am

joques wrote:
anime21 wrote:
Good luck i hope you're doing well
i'm chinese so japanese may be hard for me
i live in UK
Well, I guess the kanji will be easier for you than for us westeners :)

ya...i am from hong kong..kanji is not a problem as i study japanese..

however, basically there are different because chinese kanji and japanese kanji...

joques
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu 06.16.2005 5:13 pm

RE: Hello!

Post by joques » Wed 06.22.2005 3:19 am

patton wrote:
ya...i am from hong kong..kanji is not a problem as i study japanese..

however, basically there are different because chinese kanji and japanese kanji...
Hongkong...so your language is Cantonese, right?
--
Joakim Ruud, Botsen Nanobryggeri
For to accuse requires less eloquence, such is man\'s nature, than to
excuse; and condemnation, than absolution, more resembles justice.
-Hobbes, Leviathan

amiyumi
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue 06.21.2005 4:27 pm
Contact:

RE: Hello!

Post by amiyumi » Wed 06.22.2005 4:55 am

its amazing how many people can speak english here! is it an easy language to learn because you can seak it so fluently?:o

amiyumi
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue 06.21.2005 4:27 pm
Contact:

RE: Hello!

Post by amiyumi » Wed 06.22.2005 4:57 am

:p
patton wrote:
joques wrote:
anime21 wrote:
Good luck i hope you're doing well
i'm chinese so japanese may be hard for me
i live in UK
Well, I guess the kanji will be easier for you than for us westeners :)

ya...i am from hong kong..kanji is not a problem as i study japanese..

however, basically there are different because chinese kanji and japanese kanji...
so really its like learning french or german for us engligh:D and in some instanses american lol :p

joques
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu 06.16.2005 5:13 pm

RE: Hello!

Post by joques » Wed 06.22.2005 4:41 pm

amiyumi wrote:
its amazing how many people can speak english here! is it an easy language to learn because you can seak it so fluently?:o
I think it's rather because 99 % of the televised entertainment we receive, is in Engish :D
--
Joakim Ruud, Botsen Nanobryggeri
For to accuse requires less eloquence, such is man\'s nature, than to
excuse; and condemnation, than absolution, more resembles justice.
-Hobbes, Leviathan

Post Reply