Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The Red Spider Lily and its meanings in Japan.

The Red Spider Lily and its meanings in Japan.

Discussions on Japan's history or Japanese books!

The Red Spider Lily and its meanings in Japan.

Postby Hero's_Haiku » Mon 03.02.2015 2:18 am

I'm Mary, I'm a new member here. I've been in love with Japan and it's culture since I was a young child, the first glimpse I had of the beauty and depth of Japan, was when my grandmother whom I call my Nana, showed me her collection of National Geographic magazines, and as I flipped through the pages I saw it, the most beautiful country I'd ever seen photographed, there were pictures of the beautiful sakura trees and I was so amazed by the pictures, I continued flipping and my eyes landed on the most beautiful woman I had ever set eyes on, she was so beautiful, and she had the most gorgeous kimono on, I at the time had no clue what she was wearing, and why she was wearing it. I've had a strong love for Japan's culture and people ever since. My reason for writing this is that I was looking up Amyrilis flowers because they have always been my Nana's favorite group of flowers, she is currently very ill in the hospital, and has only a short chance of living, and I'm not the type of person to get a tattoo, but I have decided to do just that. I was looking through the Amyrilis flowers online and found the most beautiful flower I had ever seen. It was a subgroup of the Amyrilis family, so I looked it up even more, it was said to be a Japanese flower, upon further online research it is said that it was originally a flower that is native to the Chinese area of Asia, but it also said that they were introduced into Japan a long time ago, there were several eras it was said to be introduced in, but I'm not sure. I want to ask if any of the Japanese natives know the true legends surrounding it, I've heard millions of stories online about its role in history, myth, and legend. I want to know, I'm also interested in knowing about the White Spider Lily as well. Thank you all so much, and thank you for making this incredible site.
With high regards,
Mary
Hero's_Haiku

Native language: English

Return to History and Literature Discussions