Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Doodling

Doodling

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Doodling

Postby Gan » Sun 02.03.2008 5:02 pm

I drew this in like 4 or 5 minutes in MS Paint. I'm a horrible artist, especially when I only have a mouse to use. but anyway here it goes

It's suppose to be use cubes falling up.. :| I also forgot the R in reverse and spelled Pshycology wrong. but it was really early in the morning what do u expect?
Last edited by Gan on Sun 02.03.2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gan

Native language: English

Postby Kisshu » Sun 02.03.2008 5:54 pm

... I thiought I'd join the crowd.

Anywho, I'm getting tired of drawing anime... so I thought I'd try something "slightly" disney inspired... its really fast, and only half done.. but you asked for a doodle O_o

Hmm.. maybe 10 minutes?
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby Stitchface » Thu 02.07.2008 7:16 pm

Oooo, I must join in with this thread, since drawing is a major part of my life :)
And i doubt i will join in with any of the many discussions based on the Japanese language until i feel more confident in my knowelege. (I'll have my fun with just reading those discussions for now)

So here goes :D

2 doodles

Edit: My definition of doodle, is just any random drawing that may occur while you have a pen in your hand.
Yes, i get rather into my doodles, but i never really spend longer than 30-40 minutes on them

Last edited by Stitchface on Thu 02.07.2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't see any invisible walls.
Stitchface

Postby Majik4ever » Thu 02.07.2008 9:52 pm

I drew this one for a friend of mine for their B-day.
It took me.....40 minutes? I dunno mabey less.

I am in no way a Naruto fan.
http://learn.majik4ever.com
~99% Dork 1% Crazy.~
Majik4ever

Postby LustBaka » Fri 02.08.2008 8:35 pm

Kisshu wrote:
... I thiought I'd join the crowd.

Anywho, I'm getting tired of drawing anime... so I thought I'd try something "slightly" disney inspired... its really fast, and only half done.. but you asked for a doodle O_o

Hmm.. maybe 10 minutes?

eh... I agree. I got really bored of drawing anime/manga, so I switched to a mor realistic side. I like it but I just really love doing anime. I find a way to mix them both...
LustBaka

Postby Tspoonami » Fri 02.08.2008 9:05 pm

I sketched this in around an hour after someone asked me to draw something Halo... God, Master Chief is freaking hard to draw. And he's even harder to draw when one is too lazy use any guidelines or good references...
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Re: Doodling

Postby Majik4ever » Thu 03.20.2008 9:11 pm

I did this one a while back....
Laura is my charater so no stealing this one please.
~99% Dork 1% Crazy.~
Majik4ever

Postby toni » Thu 03.27.2008 5:53 pm

Majik4ever wrote:Laura is my charater so no stealing this one please.

No offense, but I can't see why anyone would want to do that.
toni

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 03.28.2008 2:25 pm

toni wrote:
Majik4ever wrote:Laura is my charater so no stealing this one please.

No offense, but I can't see why anyone would want to do that.

the best way to refrain from being offensive is to do as mother always says. "IF you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

I wish I could freehand sketch/doodle as well as some of you all. Being a design drafter you would think I could but I do buildings, so everything gets the square detail and perfect vanishing points..
two_heads_talking

Postby toni » Sat 03.29.2008 10:00 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
toni wrote:No offense, but I can't see why anyone would want to do that.

the best way to refrain from being offensive is to do as mother always says. "IF you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

Which do you think is more harmful in the long run, saying negative things or nothing at all?

And by "good" I think your mother meant worthwhile, not positive.
toni

Postby two_heads_talking » Sat 03.29.2008 12:19 pm

Actually I was directly pointing out how you started that sentence.
No offense, but....

Whether you realize it or not what you are really saying is, I am going to offend you. The but, in that sentence, says disregard everything before the comma.

If you are really interested, I could get my mom on the line and we can 3-way, that way you can hear it from the horses mouth..
two_heads_talking

Postby AJBryant » Sat 03.29.2008 12:43 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:Actually I was directly pointing out how you started that sentence.
No offense, but....

Whether you realize it or not what you are really saying is, I am going to offend you. The but, in that sentence, says disregard everything before the comma.

Not necessarily true.

When I last saw the doctor, he said, "No offense meant, but you have to lose some weight."

Sometimes that "No offense meant" is there to indicate "this is something you need to know, it's in your best interests, but you may be such a prickly bastard you'll kill me if I mention that spinach in your teeth."

As a former magazine and newspaper editor, I had to reject many articles for various reasons -- and often they were articles written by people who should be gardening or plumbing, not writing. Often, for their own good (and my sanity), I had to give them advice that they consider some other profession, or take some basic remedial English classes to repair some critical shortcoming. Did I precede these with "no offense meant" or something similar? Hell, yes.

In the case of this comment being taken to task here, perhaps it wasn't the kindest thing, but it was, in essence, truth. And the sooner any amateur artist or writer gets the cold-water splash of reality, the better it is for everyone.

Have you ever watched the first episodes of "American Idol"? These poor, deluded idiots would have been a lot happier if someone in their past had said, "no offense meant, but you're not a great singer." Less ego, less crying, less stoopid.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Sat 03.29.2008 12:57 pm

I suppose you are right Tony. It would be best to just tell them. So then, why start off with no offense meant? Why not just say... what you mean.

I realize the implication of it all, it just makes no sense. maybe I am a sucker for brevity, or maybe I like someone who doesn't hide behind an excuse before the drop the hammer, I don't know, but (hahaha, now you can disregard everything I just said) It seems to me that someone who starts off by saying no offense intended, really knows they are going to offend and just wants to sugarcoat it.
two_heads_talking

Postby AJBryant » Sat 03.29.2008 3:39 pm

That's exactly the point. It's not *meant* to offend, but the recipient of the message may *take* it as an offense. That's why you tell them up front, "I'm not trying to offend you, but I have to tell you something you may not want to hear."

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby Majik4ever » Sun 03.30.2008 3:20 pm

Man...I sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight. :shock:
~99% Dork 1% Crazy.~
Majik4ever

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic