Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Is there a meaning to life?

Is there a meaning to life?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby lol890 » Sat 02.09.2008 9:56 pm

I don't feel sorry for myself. I just don't care. I don't care about anything. I don't have a future outside of scrubing toilets, and if I'm really lucky I'll get cancer and die a slow and painful death. With Japan on the brink of collapse there is no point in me going there for any reason whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned you all can all go straight to Hell. I despise all of you. You people like Japan now, but wait until it acheives third-world status.
lol890
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu 08.03.2006 6:10 pm

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby kimberly » Sun 02.10.2008 2:38 am

Good point, Mike.
kimberly
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue 11.14.2006 9:54 am

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby kimberly » Sun 02.10.2008 2:43 am

If you say your life purpose is to suffer, then why do you have to fulfil your purpose? I mean, it's no use being so civilised and all. No need to do what you were "meant" to do.

And what is life created for anyhow? What are we supposed to do.. Like, animals, plants, bacteria, everything.

You people like Japan now, but wait until it acheives third-world status.


I don't think people like Japan because it's some major power in the world. I think I like Japan because of the culture.
kimberly
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue 11.14.2006 9:54 am

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby arbalest71 » Sun 02.10.2008 3:02 am

[quote]lol890 wrote:
Does life have a meaning?/quote]

No.
--

I have it on good authority that I\'m a weirdo, doing weird science.
arbalest71
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed 10.11.2006 8:44 pm

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby kel » Sun 02.10.2008 8:21 am

having life itself,isn't that meaningful enough..
we can't even add a single breath for us to live,so yes there is so much meaning in life..but Life is how you make it.. ;)
kel
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun 02.10.2008 8:15 am

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 02.11.2008 2:21 pm

lol890 wrote:
I don't feel sorry for myself. I just don't care. I don't care about anything. I don't have a future outside of scrubing toilets, and if I'm really lucky I'll get cancer and die a slow and painful death. With Japan on the brink of collapse there is no point in me going there for any reason whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned you all can all go straight to Hell. I despise all of you. You people like Japan now, but wait until it acheives third-world status.


Tony, I believe this is a very strong request for the hammer of ban. I have never seen a person request the hammer of ban so sternly. you might as well give him his last request.
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby Dehitay » Mon 02.11.2008 2:30 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
Tony, I believe this is a very strong request for the hammer of ban. I have never seen a person request the hammer of ban so sternly. you might as well give him his last request.


I believe he was already banned for a different thread by a different admin
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
User avatar
Dehitay
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri 09.08.2006 8:36 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby AJBryant » Mon 02.11.2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, darn it. Rich beat me to it.


Tony
User avatar
AJBryant
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 11:29 am
Location: Indiana
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby richvh » Mon 02.11.2008 4:33 pm

I was waiting for you, then finally decided enough was enough.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh
 
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby AJBryant » Mon 02.11.2008 5:57 pm

See, I try to be the newer lighter mellower Tony, and I miss my shot. B)


Tony
User avatar
AJBryant
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 11:29 am
Location: Indiana
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 02.12.2008 10:16 am

Dehitay wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:
Tony, I believe this is a very strong request for the hammer of ban. I have never seen a person request the hammer of ban so sternly. you might as well give him his last request.


I believe he was already banned for a different thread by a different admin


Yep, I saw that, after I posted here. I will return to my cage..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby Hijiku » Tue 02.12.2008 11:15 am

"is there a meaning to life?" hmmm... ahh crap i didn't study for this one.. alright, i give up, whats the answer?

:D lol
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
User avatar
Hijiku
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed 03.02.2005 3:43 pm
Location: New York [for now]

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 02.12.2008 11:42 am

short answer is yes.. long answer takes qutie a bit more time.. it also depends on your level of spirituality as well. ;)
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby Kisshu » Tue 02.12.2008 3:43 pm

LOL. This may sound mean, but it makes me laugh to think that someone is trying to get this answered on a forum XP
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
User avatar
Kisshu
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat 10.01.2005 1:02 am

RE: Is there a meaning to life?

Postby shades_of_ben » Thu 02.14.2008 9:12 pm

yeah, i have to say, i think you're addicted to people trying to comfort you.

my philosophy is that if you consider yourself worthless, then you're worse than worthless. life is what you make it. if you're determined to have a low opinion of yourself, then do us a favor and stop bothering us, because nothing we can say will change your mind. if you were really convinced that your life is meaningless, then you would have stopped annoying us and ended it by now. and God doesn't hate you. but He can't do anything for you if you're hell-bent on hating yourself.

to summarize, this whole thing is YOUR FAULT for hating yourself so much. therefore, it's YOUR JOB to take the initiative and grow some fortitude. it's my experience that God helps those who help themselves.

and if i get in trouble for saying these things, then so be it, because these are the things i believe in.

P.S. - kisshu, i agree. it's laughable to think that one would go to an internet forum for the answers to life. though i do hope the OP has benefited in some way from our input. it's entirely up to him, of course.
User avatar
shades_of_ben
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun 01.27.2008 11:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests