Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - trains in japan

trains in japan

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

trains in japan

Postby gabi in japan » Sat 12.06.2008 7:25 am

why are the shinkansen sooooooooooo fast? how do they do it? it's for my study. need help :!:
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Native language: Aussie! (Australian)

Re: trains in japan

Postby keatonatron » Sat 12.06.2008 8:05 am

keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby gabi in japan » Sun 12.07.2008 1:56 am

thanks for that very informative link :P
i'm very grateful.
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 12.07.2008 4:15 am

keatonatron wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinkansen

Here's another pertinent link: http://tinyurl.com/yh9g2r
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby gabi in japan » Sun 12.07.2008 4:32 am

Ok, I get the hint. Sorry Mr. Cash.
Give me a break. I'm just a kid. I get this punctuation lecture everyday at school and I didn't think I'd get it here too. Basically I'm lazy, but I'll make more of an effort from now on.
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 12.07.2008 4:55 am

Bless you.
Mike Cash

Postby chikara » Sun 12.07.2008 10:28 pm

The education system in this state has certainly gone down the toilet :oops:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby gabi in japan » Mon 12.08.2008 4:37 am

chikara wrote:The education system in this state has certainly gone down the toilet :oops:

You're telling me!! It's shocking! We don't learn anything in school anymore. In a couple of years I'll be out in the workforce (hopefully) :lol:

Teachers in this state keep going on strike asking the government for more money. They can't even cope with the job they have now, I mean they don't even teach at all, so I can't understand why they think they need a pay rise.
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Postby Mike Cash » Mon 12.08.2008 7:10 am

gabi in japan wrote:They can't even cope with the job they have now, I mean they don't even teach at all

While there is no doubt some degree of merit to that contention, you have to take into account that teaching can't take place without learning taking place concurrently. After all, you say yourself that you get a daily lecture on the importance of punctuation yet have been resistant to taking it to heart. Sort of hard to move on to "B" when the students show no inclination to internalize and implement "A".
Mike Cash

Postby nukemarine » Mon 12.08.2008 11:13 am

Please,

Next you'll be saying 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" with a link to a photo of horse in a river with a word bubble complaining about how thirsty he is.
nukemarine

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 12.08.2008 12:57 pm

nukemarine wrote:Please,

Next you'll be saying 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" with a link to a photo of horse in a river with a word bubble complaining about how thirsty he is.

If you can't stand the heat, get outa the kitchen. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/533828/fire_in_kitchen/
two_heads_talking

Postby Mike Cash » Mon 12.08.2008 3:24 pm

Should I take that to mean you believe teaching can take place when there is no learning going on?
Mike Cash

Postby gabi in japan » Mon 12.08.2008 8:26 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
gabi in japan wrote:They can't even cope with the job they have now, I mean they don't even teach at all

While there is no doubt some degree of merit to that contention, you have to take into account that teaching can't take place without learning taking place concurrently. After all, you say yourself that you get a daily lecture on the importance of punctuation yet have been resistant to taking it to heart. Sort of hard to move on to "B" when the students show no inclination to internalize and implement "A".

Ok, here's the thing. If you haven't noticed I am making an effort here on these forums to punctuate. At school, I get those lectures only when I do lazy writing on my rough copies. When I hand up an assignment or essay, it's always perfectly finished. I don't really see the point of doiong it properly in a rough copy. My mind races too fast and I want to get my thoughts on paper before I forget them. Also, when we hand up an assignment, we do it on the computer and Word corrects most punctuation errors anyway.

I want to learn. I really do. That's why I'm thinking of doing Open Access for the next few years. It's like distance education or correspondence school for those of you not in this state. When I was in Primary school my Mum home schooled me and my brothers but then she had to go to work and we had to go to school. When home schooled I was way ahead of my peers, but since going to school the standard of education isn't very high, so I've slipped back. If I do home school for the next few years, I'll be able to do really well.

Anyway, I'm sure I've raved on too much :-) Thanks for listening!!
日本と日本語が大好き!!!
gabi in japan

Postby nukemarine » Tue 12.09.2008 12:30 am

Mike Cash wrote:

Should I take that to mean you believe teaching can take place when there is no learning going on?

Yep. Now if it's every student that's not learning, then there's something wrong with that curriculum and/or teacher.
nukemarine

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 12.09.2008 12:27 pm

gabi in japan wrote:
Ok, here's the thing. If you haven't noticed I am making an effort here on these forums to punctuate. At school, I get those lectures only when I do lazy writing on my rough copies. When I hand up an assignment or essay, it's always perfectly finished. I don't really see the point of doiong it properly in a rough copy. My mind races too fast and I want to get my thoughts on paper before I forget them. Also, when we hand up an assignment, we do it on the computer and Word corrects most punctuation errors anyway.!!

If it helps any, think of the forums as your final draft, not your rough draft, where you post up your random mind racing. While I think correcting of your documents by Word is nice, perhaps, then you should do all your thoughts down, type it in
Word and then after it's corrected, post it here.. Just a suggestion.

UP to date all of what you've said, is easily corrected with a bit of effort on your part. That's all Mike is asking, and all the rest of us are expecting anyways.
two_heads_talking

Next

Return to General off topic