Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Looking for Voluntary Translator

Looking for Voluntary Translator

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Looking for Voluntary Translator

Postby studionightbird » Sun 09.06.2009 10:03 pm

CHALLENGE YOURSELF
this isn't scary, and we wont bite, our doors are open for anyone.

My Name is Ricky Murray and I'm working on a project called 'Abnormality'. Its an online series free to watch. Sadly at the moment this production is making no profits, so I have no payments available. How ever I will be more then happy to credit you in the credits for its the least I can do.

We will be converting the voices from English to Japanese.
you can watch the first episode at
Code: Select all
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/479918

Requirements:
-A Microphone
-an account with Skype
visit here:
Code: Select all
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/

-a great understanding in the Japanese language

for the sake of any errors that may come up during Translating we have decided to open 2 spots for this position.

if you are interested in helping out please contact me at studio_nightbird@hotmail.com

Deadline (because of the project still under construction we don't have a deadline at this time)

Looking forward to your replies ;)
studionightbird

Re: Looking for Voluntary Translator

Postby keatonatron » Mon 09.07.2009 1:07 am

I've often wondered why makers of anime-style videos on Newgrounds sometimes add Japanese dubs to their shows when (as far as I know) no Japanese people even know what Newgrounds is. Is it just to add atmosphere and make it more like real anime? Make sure you use good voice actors though -- having it in Japanese just for the sake of having it in Japanese will probably sound worse than in English :?

Cool animation though, I like the story.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby studionightbird » Tue 09.08.2009 5:49 am

keatonatron wrote:I've often wondered why makers of anime-style videos on Newgrounds sometimes add Japanese dubs to their shows when (as far as I know) no Japanese people even know what Newgrounds is. Is it just to add atmosphere and make it more like real anime? Make sure you use good voice actors though -- having it in Japanese just for the sake of having it in Japanese will probably sound worse than in English :?

Cool animation though, I like the story.

the plan is to upload it to a Japanese based website like youtube. We are currently dubbing it in Chinese for our Chinese audience since newgrounds is blocked to the people of china and some of youtube is blocked to china as well.

but yes hope that answers some of your questions.
Last edited by studionightbird on Tue 09.08.2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
studionightbird

Postby keatonatron » Tue 09.08.2009 11:45 am

It does!
keatonatron

Native language: English

Return to General off topic