Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - TJP Chat

TJP Chat

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

TJP Chat

Postby Dustin » Tue 12.28.2010 4:27 pm

Phreadom had implemented a new browser chat feature.

The old one had a pop up window, had to manually open the room, etc. Now all you have to do is log in, and click on the chat page ! http://thejapanesepage.com/chat

There are a few bugs we are working out, but this is making it easier to use, and will allow us to soon implement extra features like jlpt quiz lists.

We are hoping this gets the chat busier again, since often times a new member will either come in, and leave right away since it's not busy enough, or give up trying to make the old chat work. Hopefully this works out well :D
Dustin

Native language: English

Re: TJP Chat

Postby phreadom » Tue 12.28.2010 8:36 pm

I'm up again now... I simply had to get some sleep. (I worked on that chat for 13 hours straight, on top of still being very sick. I couldn't push any further.) :sweatdrop:

There's still the annoying duplicate message bug to track down... as well as the fact that "boost" was killing the chat, so I temporarily disabled it, but now it's causing heavy load in its absence, so I'll have to re-enable boost (caching to increase performance).

There are a lot of kinks to work out... but then I can also add in the font resizer for the chat, like we have on the test chat. Fix the initial score bug on the quiz bot, etc... and then get back to the optimization and migration.

I need some breakfast and some coffee first though. I don't feel so hot. :cry:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: TJP Chat

Postby Ongakuka » Fri 12.31.2010 8:03 am

I found myself looking for a 'Like' button :P Anyway, congrats on getting it up and running! :D
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Return to General off topic