Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What video game have you been playing?

What video game have you been playing?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: What video game have you been playing?

Postby TokyoRoze » Fri 04.21.2006 9:31 pm

Day of defeat source
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby elXco » Fri 04.21.2006 9:38 pm

I'm guessing i should get KH2. Everyone says the battle system is a lot more intense! Is it really long?
elXco

Postby Machina Maw » Fri 04.21.2006 10:13 pm

N64: Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Wars Racing (haha), Paper Mario
PS2: Kingdom Hearts *love*, Dead or Alive 2, BloodRayne, THPS4, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 = BEST GAMES EVER.
PC: Arcanum, American McGee's Alice, Sims 2.

American McGee's Alice is a good game, it's a a twisted evil version of Alice in Wonderland.
Machina Maw

Postby Ongakuka » Fri 04.21.2006 10:57 pm

Although FFX-2 does not do FFX justice.;)

I'm playing FFIX (That's 9 not 11) because I got right to the end and never finished it. I've got like, three or four more bosses to defeat... and I might do FFVII for the 60th time. Man, I love that game:)
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby Kitsune-rose » Sat 04.22.2006 10:36 am

elXco wrote:
I'm guessing i should get KH2. Everyone says the battle system is a lot more intense! Is it really long?

No, that's the only bad thing about it. I mean, the story is so awesome, but I was able to beat it in about 36 hours, and that's because I stretched the game for as long as I could stand it. I could have beaten the game in 28 hours, but I kept on finding other stuff do do, like defeating Sephiroth and doing all the missions I could from the journal. But, the battle system is really intense though. I mean, there's this thing you have called drives that allow you to change into different forms. The most powerful drive Final, is the ultimate in crazy sword slinging. I mean, the keyblades just go all over the place, attacking abything around you. Sometimes they evern attack on their own too! Like, all I did was jump, and the keyblades just started flying around, attacking Heartless and Nobodies. I was like, "Oh! This is sweet!" But yeah, I can go on forever about how awesome KH2 is.
Kitsune-rose

Postby SuzuQ » Mon 04.24.2006 12:00 am

I'm playing FF11 on PC and Sudoku on DS.
Both of them are so addictive B)
SuzuQ

Postby Phurdonk » Mon 04.24.2006 1:40 am

I've been playing SSX Tricky lately. It's a really fun game IMO. B) And a bit of Ninja Gaiden on the side. I can only play NG for short periods of time or I'd go crazy! :@ It's so hard but I find it enjoyable.
Phurdonk

Postby ViciousXUSMC » Mon 04.24.2006 4:12 am

Got an update, Still playing oblivion some but I just got Need For Speed: Most Wanted and thats a good change of pace its alot of fun so far, havnt played a racing game since Ridge Racer 4, and Grand Turismo 2.

also the new Tomb Raider Legend game looks to be pretty good, I tried out the demo. I never got into any of the previous games but this one just looks amazing when you have all the visual effects up to max. They sold me on the game in my computer forum when they posted laura with all her diffrent outfits. かんのてき kannouteki ^^
Last edited by ViciousXUSMC on Mon 04.24.2006 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ViciousXUSMC

Postby Maya the Hedgehog » Mon 04.24.2006 1:45 pm

I'm playing Sonic Riders on Gamecube. It took a while to learn how to play it but it gets good once you've played a while and are used to the controls. ^^ I want to get Trauma Center for DS next.
Maya the Hedgehog

Postby TrilinguisT » Mon 04.24.2006 10:52 pm

SuzuQ wrote:
I'm playing FF11 on PC and Sudoku on DS.
Both of them are so addictive B)

GOODNESS, you have a DS! i heard DS sells off the shelves like crazy!!! if you have the DS lite, tell me what its like kay?

oh and if you have any online games, ill send you my friend code.. maybe if we both have Mario Kart DS, i can race you too?
TrilinguisT

Postby SuzuQ » Mon 04.24.2006 11:43 pm

My DS is the original one but I want white DS lite because it looks nicer and cuter (like iPod!), but as you know, I can't find it anywhere!!!!! >.<
My co-worker sitting next to me has white DS lite!! Its screen is much much better than the original. The size is about upper part of the original DS, and thickness is as same as lower part of the original one.
I have Animal Crossing and Mario Kart, but my friend is playing my Mario Kart right now :(

bty, i love your avator picture, it's so cute :D
SuzuQ

Postby TrilinguisT » Tue 04.25.2006 6:32 pm

I am sooo Jeleous!!! :D i want a black DS lite... do you like Metroid Prime? you pobably know this, but there is one for the DS called Metroid Prime Hunters.. its so cool looking, i want to get it.. i dont have Mario Kart DS, nor animal crossing, but who knows? maybe an Online RPG is coming our way..

hahahah, that's a puppy Chow Chow dog. they are very adorable, but ridiculously expenisve. i newly born pup can cost up to $1200 or more, depending on the breed and color..
TrilinguisT

Postby Kojin » Tue 04.25.2006 6:50 pm

i am still tring to beat pokemon ruby i like the sims
the game i play the most is GTA San Adreas (hope i spelled it right)
i had for more than a year and still didnt beat it i like to play around and use cheat codes
i also play morrowind (i have to upgrade to oblivion):)
level 4
Hirigana: 46/46
katakana:46/46
Kanji: 80/103
Kojin

Postby SuzuQ » Tue 04.25.2006 9:28 pm

do you like Metroid Prime? you pobably know this, but there is one for the DS called Metroid Prime Hunters..

I've never played any of Metroid, but I know the character because he was in Nintendo Smash Brothers. That was a great game to play with friends and was my favorite game for N64 and Gamecube!:D

hahahah, that's a puppy Chow Chow dog. they are very adorable, but ridiculously expenisve. i newly born pup can cost up to $1200 or more, depending on the breed and color..

wow that's pretty expencive. It is rare to see Chow Chow dog in Japan. Miniature poodle and Chihuahua are the most popular dog right now. They are expensive too :(
SuzuQ

Postby TrilinguisT » Thu 04.27.2006 7:15 pm

I've never played any of Metroid, but I know the character because he was in Nintendo Smash Brothers. That was a great game to play with friends and was my favorite game for N64 and Gamecube!

Metroid is acutally a girl.. Her name is Samus Aron..

Last edited by TrilinguisT on Thu 04.27.2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrilinguisT

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic