Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Your nickname and avatar

Your nickname and avatar

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Your nickname and avatar

Postby hyperconjugated » Sat 05.06.2006 5:02 pm

I used to watch Steamboat Bill jr.
over and over again on VCR along with
Adventures of Robin Hood (starring Errol Flynn)
in TECHNICOLOUR baby!
anyways, hyperconjugated is term for
chemical binding that is related to quantum
mechanics etc., I merely created
this nick for free yahoo email where to direct
all the spam and use it to sign in to everything
that requires email adress.
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby punkgrl326 » Sat 05.06.2006 5:38 pm

Well I think mine is pretty straight forward. I'm a girl, I love punk rock, and well the 326 I just added b/c punkgrl was already taken when I first used it on AOL and I guess it just kind of stuck after that. The reason I chose my avatar is b/c Hinata's my favorite character in Naruto ;)
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Sachi » Sat 05.06.2006 5:41 pm

Well, I was looking for a Japanese name to "adopt" one day, and so I was checking out a Japanese baby names site. When I found "Sachi", it said it meant happiness in Japanese. I decided to take it, since my real name is Joy (I know... quite uncommon. There's actually a girl in my school who has my same first and middle name :o) ^^ Since then, I've just adopted Sachi for everything :)

As for the avvie, I'm an Evangelion fan ^^
Sachi

Postby aKuMu » Sat 05.06.2006 5:41 pm

i dont always have the same name everywhere..
but my first name in the internet was Saber (in some old forums i still use it) the name was from the series Saber Rider whom i was a big fan of in my childhood ;)

then i sometimes use the nick psymon (as my real name is simon)

then once i somewhere read the name phantom of the abandoned son of god. but that was a bit too long so i took abandoned.

then i have a nick "nightmare" which i got from my favorite charakter of the game soul calibur.

then i thought while this is page about japanese stuff, i convert it into japanese and now its akumu and thats what the avatar says ;)
Last edited by aKuMu on Sat 05.06.2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby Kisshu » Sat 05.06.2006 5:57 pm

Hmmm well my name is really my nickname which I got a few years ago after my friends jokingly told me that I acted like the female version of an anime character. And I made an icon of that character afterwards. So hence, the name and icon.
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby Machina Maw » Sat 05.06.2006 10:22 pm

Machina Maw is from Final Fantasy X-2. It's the name of Rikku's best dressphere, and I love the sound of it. It just means "Machine muzzle" or "machine gut" haha. But yeah, it stuck and now I use it for everything.

As for my avatar, it's my favourite Jrock artist, 雅-Miyavi-. It's pretty dodgy because I made it and didn't put a lot of effort in :P
Machina Maw

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Sat 05.06.2006 10:55 pm

i went through a hamster obsessive phase a few years back and all my accounts on websites became hamsterfreak4evr. i guess i just use it out of habit now. nd the hamster avatar, of course, to match :)
hamsterfreak4evr

Native language: english

Postby Takeo Saeki » Sat 05.06.2006 11:24 pm

LOL. Personally, i've never particularly liked hamsters. We had some in my 5th grade classroom before I started being homeschooled. They were cute, but they were smelly and they always pooped on my hands when I took them out of the glass cage to clean it out.
Takeo Saeki

Postby Christian_ » Sun 05.07.2006 1:10 am

Kurisuchan is the best I could translate my name, I originally signed up as x911, and on some fourms I use either or a combination of the two. As for the sig and avatar, I change it a lot, but this one I just uploaded, I think im finally happy with. Its a picture of some volcanic lake in eastern hokkaido.
Goals:
1) Have decent proficiency in Japanese, enough to get around/talk/read/write.
2) Visit Japan for a week or so one summer.
Christian_

Postby Machina Maw » Sun 05.07.2006 2:56 am

Takeo Saeki wrote:
LOL. Personally, i've never particularly liked hamsters. We had some in my 5th grade classroom before I started being homeschooled. They were cute, but they were smelly and they always pooped on my hands when I took them out of the glass cage to clean it out.

HAHA. Same with when I had pet rats. Except that was a few years back and my mum used to always clean their cage, and I'd hold them. They peed absolutely everywhere, except for when they slept. My rat slept in my pocket ^___^ lol haha. Anyway, what's the difference between hamsters and guinea pigs?
Machina Maw

Postby Takeo Saeki » Sun 05.07.2006 3:00 am

LOL Sorry to hear about your rat-experience. I hope those products that Billy Mays (or whatever his name was) is always yelling about on those commercials are available in your area. Such as Oxi-Clean and Kaboom. :P

As for the difference between hamsters and guinea pigs, I think the only difference is that guinea pigs are bigger.
Takeo Saeki

Postby amego » Sun 05.07.2006 3:55 am

Well my fren made up this nick, and i think its the anagram of "omega", which was the nic of another fren, haha :D

As for the avatar, i find it pretty cool...
amego

Postby Machina Maw » Sun 05.07.2006 4:51 am

Takeo Saeki wrote:
LOL Sorry to hear about your rat-experience. I hope those products that Billy Mays (or whatever his name was) is always yelling about on those commercials are available in your area. Such as Oxi-Clean and Kaboom. :P

As for the difference between hamsters and guinea pigs, I think the only difference is that guinea pigs are bigger.

LOL hahaha. I wonder why g-pigs and hamsters have different names then? I mean, "guinea pigs"!? Come onnnnnn. They're certainly not pigs, but as for the guinea part... well, I've got no idea about the geographical origin of guinea pigs, but I'm assuming it isn't (New) Guinea :p
Machina Maw

Postby Takeo Saeki » Mon 05.08.2006 12:20 am

LOL. Well, i'm sure there must be some difference. The only guinea pig i've ever really seen that I can remember was the one in the movie Dr Dolittle starring Eddie Murphy.

And, who knows? Maybe they did come from New Guinea and were brought overseas for lab testing or something. I don't know. Lol.
Last edited by Takeo Saeki on Mon 05.08.2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takeo Saeki

Postby Caneius9 » Mon 05.08.2006 12:39 am

Caneius is the name of a main character in the novel I have written (but still trying to get published) It has kind of become my pen name online. As for the avatar, I just threw together a chibi self-protrait on Phototshop so my replies would be colorful! :D
Caneius9

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic