Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What music do YOU listen to?

What music do YOU listen to?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: What music do YOU listen to?

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 5:47 pm

I can't stand hip hop or rap or whatever. It's all about either exploiting women, or apologizing because they exploited women

NO! It's not :@ Maybe the rap you've listened to. That's not fair to say because you obviously havent heard much rap. Ever listened to tupac, yes some of his songs are about girls like maybe 2 or 3 He has over hundreds of songs, all about his life story, how he wants things to change, how theres to much killing going on in the ghetto.

Machina Maw, you listen to a lot of different types of music :o

I'm kind of surprised at how many people listen to rock, (Not saying anything bad about rock) I would have never guessed ;)
Last edited by kanadajin on Fri 05.12.2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanadajin

Postby Sachi » Fri 05.12.2006 5:48 pm

Zeo, you play bass? That's cool ^^ Are you in a band? My brother plays drums (and I play guitar), so we were going to start one, but it kinda went downhill :p Ha!
Sachi

Postby Zeo » Fri 05.12.2006 5:53 pm

Yup, yup, I'm in bands. ;)
We're going to play in a demo, just for fun, in some weeks. :)

I've played the bass for 4 long years now. :D I also play drums, I like to know how it's actually is to play drums so then I can complain on the drumer when he does mistakes without he telling me "do it yourselves". :D Hehe, kiddin. ;)
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 6:03 pm

Nice so I guess your pretty good at the bass then? I used to play guitar, Played for maybe 2 years, I just stopped playing I got bored of it..

I like to know how it's actually is to play drums so then I can complain on the drumer when he does mistakes without he telling me "do it yourselves". Hehe, kiddin.

Lol! :D
kanadajin

Postby queshaw » Fri 05.12.2006 7:15 pm

Del the funkee homosapien doesn't rap about exploiting women. HaliCali probably aren't singing about exploting or apologizing for exploiting, nor Rip Slyme.

About R&B. My favorite new R&B that I learned about is Shuggie Otis, some of his music plays in the background if you look here:

http://www.soul-patrol.com/funk/shuggie.htm
queshaw

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 7:30 pm

Del the funkee homosapien doesn't rap about exploiting women. HaliCali probably aren't singing about exploting or apologizing for exploiting, nor Rip Slyme.

Exactly, Most rappers today like 50 cent do rap about women, But people like 50 cent arn't the only rappers out there. I really dont like 50 cent.. Some of his songs are good but i still dont like him. next time dont say you dont like rap because all rappers rap about, grils, sex, money(etc..)
kanadajin

Postby aKuMu » Fri 05.12.2006 7:32 pm

TokyoRoze wrote:
hardcore, punk instrumental everyone listen to "Explosions in the sky"

hehe,
explosions in the sky rules.
do you know "mono" ? they do the same kind of musik (theyre japanese) i recommend to give them a try if you like explosions in the sky. Im going to see them live next month :D

further im listening to a wide range of music. but one of my favorite bands is mucc.

if i had to name a single musican i like, i would say marty friedman, hes one of the greates guitarists in the world.
Last edited by aKuMu on Fri 05.12.2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 8:04 pm

whos Mucc?? Lol sorry I don't know many bands..
kanadajin

Postby aKuMu » Fri 05.12.2006 8:08 pm

http://www.55-69.com
http://www.brainzone.de/gan-shin/index.php?content=prmcc <- there are two samples

i went to a concert of them last week (for the 2nd time) they fkn rock :D
Last edited by aKuMu on Fri 05.12.2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby Sachi » Fri 05.12.2006 8:11 pm

Zeo wrote:
Yup, yup, I'm in bands. ;)
We're going to play in a demo, just for fun, in some weeks. :)

I've played the bass for 4 long years now. :D I also play drums, I like to know how it's actually is to play drums so then I can complain on the drumer when he does mistakes without he telling me "do it yourselves". :D Hehe, kiddin. ;)

That's awesome! :D Good luck with it, by the way ;)
I took guitar lessons for 6 months, but my teacher left, so I stopped for a year. But, I started about 6 months ago. So, a year with lessons, but 2 in total ;) I'm obsessive with it :p:D
Sachi

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 8:35 pm

Hmm, I really don't understand how guitar is that fun.. It's probably just me. like I said I played for 2 years and found it kind of boring.
kanadajin

Postby Takeo Saeki » Fri 05.12.2006 8:37 pm

Anything spoken in Japanese is great, in my opinion. Maybe because I can't understand it and don't even know what the song is about. I just love the language. Of course, i've only heard a few songs and for some, I don't even know who sang them.
Takeo Saeki

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 8:40 pm

Takeo Saeki, I know what you mean ;) I can't understand anything thats being said In japanese songs but I still like them.. I used to like that yatta song, Obviously I didn't understand anything I just liked the beat.
kanadajin

Postby Takeo Saeki » Fri 05.12.2006 8:57 pm

LOL. Most of the Japanese songs i've heard were in movie credits. I have had to ask my Japanese pen pals the names of the singers and the songs.
Takeo Saeki

Postby KaiserDivus » Fri 05.12.2006 9:05 pm

Takeo Saeki wrote:
Anything spoken in Japanese is great, in my opinion. Maybe because I can't understand it and don't even know what the song is about. I just love the language. Of course, i've only heard a few songs and for some, I don't even know who sang them.

Yeah me too. I like almost all Japanese and the more American stuff i like is really anything but rap and country and crap that has no point. Like crap talking about how many girls you can get.
Obedience Breeds Discipline, Discipline Breeds Unity, Unity Breeds Power, Power is Life
KaiserDivus

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic