Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What music do YOU listen to?

What music do YOU listen to?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: What music do YOU listen to?

Postby Sachi » Sat 05.13.2006 5:06 pm

typo = typographical error = accidental typing mistake ;)

And I have songs on repeat all the time :D
Sachi

Postby Ebuka Valentine Nrialike » Sat 05.13.2006 5:26 pm

thanks
۞..::۩[<>~Ebuka~<>]۩::..۞
Ebuka Valentine Nrialike

Postby kanadajin » Sat 05.13.2006 6:16 pm

Yea I have more then one song I listen to over and over again, Hit em up - Tupac, Life goes on - Tupac, Today was a good day - ice cube, I aint mad at cha - Tupac, Most of them are by tupac.. I maybe listen to around 10 songs over and over, maybe 6-7 are from tupac.
kanadajin

Postby Sachi » Sat 05.13.2006 6:26 pm

I was hooked on Fukai Mori by Do As Infinity for awhile last year. That's the big one (when I first started getting into Japanese music). There's a few more, but I don't remember offhand.
Sachi

Postby kanadajin » Sat 05.13.2006 6:29 pm

Never heard of it. I guess it's probably good..
kanadajin

Postby Reno » Thu 05.18.2006 12:16 pm

Zeo wrote:
Well, as a el-bass player I listen to a lot of different kinds of music:

Amen to that, same here I play electric bass too, and funky stuff is really good to listen to, u should listen to the 5th naruto opening theme (sorry sorry sorry) its just good with a nice funky guitarplay AND japanese ;)

Listen from Blink182 (nostalgia) to Lostprophets.

Recommendations : Plus-44 and Karate High School (love the name)

http://www.purevolume.com/karatehighschool
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Max Maxter » Thu 08.03.2006 2:10 am

Call me a dork if you want, but nowadays I listen almost exclusively to video game remixes, and it's all thanks to the seeming overabundance of "new rock" and hip hop/rap. The former is simply too monotonous and uninspired for me; as for the latter...well, I would listen to it more, except that a lot of rappers seem to 1) cuss liberally, 2) think about sex, 3) flaunt their possessions (da bling? I'm not that pop-culture savvy), or 4)...a combination of these and/or other factors, major or petty (heck, I could easily write at least five paragraphs' worth!)

But I'm really getting off topic. I listen mostly to game remixes, and the ones I have encompass a wide variety of styles, including anything from techno to piano, rock to orchestral, and, yes, I even have some rap tracks, too. (At least they beat 50 Cent any day!) However, aside from my game remixes, which easily fill a good 85% of my iPod, my favorite artists include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. "Weird Al" Yankovic - My second biggest collection, his songs probably take up 60% of that remaining 15% of iPod space.
2. Chinese MC Brothers - Chinese rappers, believe it or not! Fortunately, since I don't comprehend a lick of Chinese, I don't have to worry about any of my normal reservations against hip-hop!:D
3. "Never Gone" album - Backstreet Boys
4. Various Will Smith songs
5. Söhne Mannheims / Xavier Naidoo
6. Mobile Fighter G Gundam themes (Although hearing "Champion Chibodee" really taught me that Japanese lyrics and country/Western music just don't jive...)
7. Various classical pieces - I'm particularly fond of Russian classical style and especially works from Dmitri Shostakovich. Also, if Nobuo Uematsu counts as classical, then I'd select him as a favorite composer, as well.
Last edited by Max Maxter on Thu 08.03.2006 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max Maxter

Postby suko » Thu 08.03.2006 3:06 am

Ebuka Valentine Nrialike said:
to sum up, i like a some of the music sang by people either rap rock, etc

Thats like me too, i listen to a song and decide whether it's good or rubbish. I studied music at high school so i decide based on musical techniques and general "goodness".

At the moment, i would say that i listen mostly to rock/metal music, and J-music (Gackt and The Pillows)

Game remixes are good, Tetris, Super Mario, you know. Anime music's good too. Classical, basically anything that i see as good i listen to. But not rap... i can't make out what they say :D.
Japanese music is really good! Musically and it improves your listening :) two birds with one stone eh?
Last edited by suko on Thu 08.03.2006 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
suko

Postby kawada2998 » Thu 08.03.2006 5:00 am

Nu metal,jrock,anime/game music, (some hip hop), industrial,techno,rave.....

My bands are :
koRn - Fear Factory - The Prodigy - Final Fantasy music :D:D - Limp Bizkit - Linkin Park - Marilyn Manson - Scooter - Rammstein - Some System of a Down - A little Tupac - Dj Sharpnel - Pantera
Image "I know lucidity." (-_-)
kawada2998

Postby Sumi » Thu 08.03.2006 9:30 am

J-rock. J-pop. K-Rap. Industrial. C-pop. Rap. etc.

-Dir en Grey. Miyabi. Se7en. Bi-rain. Jolin Tsai. Jay Chou. Morning Musume. Taebin. Three Six Mafia. Bile. Ayria. Angelspit. etc...
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby Chris Hart » Thu 08.03.2006 12:22 pm

Ebuka Valentine Nrialike wrote:
do you have a favorite song that you have listened to over and over again?

That's how I get songs stuck in my head, and depending on the song, it may start bugging me as to what they are singing.

This has already happened to me with Tempus Vernum by Enya, and the following songs are getting to this point quickly - Tamashi no rufuran, shiawase wa batsu no nio, and Zankoku Na Tenshi no Teeze (All from Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Chris Hart

Postby kanadajin » Thu 08.03.2006 12:53 pm

Wow I thought this thread had died long ago..
kanadajin

Postby tanuki » Thu 08.03.2006 1:13 pm

kanadajin wrote:
Wow I thought this thread had died long ago..

Ever heard of resurrection? :D

Anyway, right now I'm listening a lot to Billy Talent. I listen to their new CD's songs over and over again. I'll probably get sick of this album just like I did with the other one...:|
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Lil-chana » Thu 08.03.2006 1:24 pm

Well for me it's Trance, Trance and more Trance. I can accommodate soulful, R&B and Gospel too. May seem boring to some but hey, it's what i like.:)
Good judgement comes from bad experience, and experience comes from bad judgement
Lil-chana

Postby kanadajin » Thu 08.03.2006 1:31 pm

Ever heard of resurrection?

Yup thats what tupac keeps doing ;) And what he should have done in 2003 or he will do it in 2010 and if he doesnt then he's really dead :(
kanadajin

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic