Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Computer help!

Computer help!

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Computer help!

Postby Kaoru » Fri 06.23.2006 2:08 pm

I know that this has nothing to do with Japan, but I need someone to help me out here. when im on the net, My computer turns into safe mode and displays this message:

The driver s3sav4 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Does anyone know what I can do???

Thanx.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you ever tried.
Kaoru

RE: Computer help!

Postby paul_b » Fri 06.23.2006 2:41 pm

Kaoru wrote:
I know that this has nothing to do with Japan, but I need someone to help me out here. when im on the net, My computer turns into safe mode and displays this message:

The driver s3sav4 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Does anyone know what I can do???

Sounds like your S3 Savage4 graphics driver. If you haven't got the latest version Get the latest version. If you _have_ got the latest version then try running in 16 instead of 32 bit colour and / or going to an earlier version.
paul_b

RE: Computer help!

Postby Kaoru » Fri 06.23.2006 5:30 pm

Thank you very much paul_b :D
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you ever tried.
Kaoru

Return to General off topic