Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Heading Into The New World War.

Heading Into The New World War.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Heading Into The New World War.

Postby SunaipaaKisei » Wed 07.19.2006 3:43 am

Many people believe as of right now, the war between Israel and Lebanon may set off a chain reaction and cause further conflict in the world today. Since Israel is trying to disarm Lebanon's munition, Israel thinks that, and probably is that Syria is giving Lebanon it's munition and Israel may be thinking to disarm Syria aswell. If this does happen, Iran will support Syria and cause a greater problem.Since U.S is on Israels side, The U.S might support Israel with it's soldiers and munition and try to bring down Iran. But, China and Russia is getting oil from Iran and the destruction of Iran might bring China and Russia to the conflict.

Do you think that this may very well happen, The new comming of The 3rd World War?
Last edited by SunaipaaKisei on Wed 07.19.2006 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SunaipaaKisei
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon 07.17.2006 3:52 am

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby Infidel » Wed 07.19.2006 6:03 am

Well technically any new world war would be ww4. People keep forgetting that the french indian war was fought worldwide. I can't remember what the British call it. War of 1812? Personally I'm not really worried about Islamic nations so far as a global conflict is concerned. If anyone gets really out of line we will step in them HARD.

Fortunatly for us, Islamic nations are too insular and the religious leaders reject progress because it conflicts with religious faith. This is why even though much of modern western philosophy, mathmatics, and medicine was poineered in Islamic countries, nearly everything since has been developed outside. Philosophy leads to people questioning the religious leaders, mathmatics the same, and medicine requires lots of pictures, which are prohibited by the koran. So these things are more are discouraged both then and today.

Islamic people are just as capable of intelligence as everyone else. These countries had the very best foundation for progress, but it was and still is rejected for religion. So long as this principle holds true, nations that value progress higher than religion will always have a strong advantage.

I'm far more concerned about Korea and China. But China especially. China's culture never rejected progress and they are now embracing it. They have a lot more people and have always been expansionist.

Besides, I'd be more worried about something in Czech or yugoslavia Since the last 2 world wars essentially started due to events in Czechsnlovachia.
Last edited by Infidel on Wed 07.19.2006 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
User avatar
Infidel
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 1:12 am
Native language: 英語

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby ComradeJoe » Wed 07.19.2006 8:26 am

Infidel wrote:


Besides, I'd be more worried about something in Czech or yugoslavia Since the last 2 world wars essentially started due to events in Czechsnlovachia.


I think it's pretty unlikely in the current political context. Europe is much less fragmented than it was 60/80 years ago, and "Yugoslavia" is in ruins. The only thing going on there are minor conflicts between serb extremists and albanian extremists. They'll run out of fuel eventually.
In my opinion, if something big is to happen, it will happen in the middle east, mainly because the area is marked by incredible political instability, old rivalries and religious issues.
Last edited by ComradeJoe on Wed 07.19.2006 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ComradeJoe
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon 07.10.2006 5:24 pm

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby keatonatron » Wed 07.19.2006 9:54 am

Infidel wrote:
Personally I'm not really worried about Islamic nations so far as a global conflict is concerned. If anyone gets really out of line we will step in them HARD.


We stepped in Iraq pretty hard, and look what happened: it kept costing more and more money, we lost a whole bunch of soldiers, and there was even talk about starting up the draft.

And that was just one, tiny country. Imagine if we had to take on the entire Middle East!

The Islamic nations aren't unified, but that's what makes them more dangerous. If Iran started building nuclear weapons and wouldn't stop until we invaded them, and then some other country starting building nukes because Iran had them, pretty soon we'd be forced to invade everyone which would be impossible.

But I too am more worried about North Korea. The US buys so much oil from the middle east that they kind of need our business. North Korea is simply crazy, which means they have no reason to not take on the whole world. :D
User avatar
keatonatron
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sat 02.04.2006 3:31 am
Location: Tokyo (Via Seattle)
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby Schattenjedi » Wed 07.19.2006 11:08 am

Westerners really should keep their noses out of the Islamic world. They reject everything that comes from outside so why bother? I think the key players are Israel and Iran. If those two get into a war with each other, their hatred for another is going to fuel some intense fighting. And if Iran does end up in the war, then there is the slight possibility that China and/or Russia could enter which would probably make it a world war. However more likely would be that China and Russia would just arm Iran to the teeth and let them do their own fighting.

As for this gem:

Infidel wrote:
Personally I'm not really worried about Islamic nations so far as a global conflict is concerned. If anyone gets really out of line we will step in them HARD.


Who do you think you are? The Fist of God? Do you think Russia and China can't "step in hard". Not to mention China could bring the American economy to a halt at any time were they to demand that America repay their debt.
Schattenjedi
 

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby Infidel » Wed 07.19.2006 11:30 am

Schattenjedi wrote:
Westerners really should keep their noses out of the Islamic world. They reject everything that comes from outside so why bother? I think the key players are Israel and Iran. If those two get into a war with each other, their hatred for another is going to fuel some intense fighting. And if Iran does end up in the war, then there is the slight possibility that China and/or Russia could enter which would probably make it a world war. However more likely would be that China and Russia would just arm Iran to the teeth and let them do their own fighting.

As for this gem:

Infidel wrote:
Personally I'm not really worried about Islamic nations so far as a global conflict is concerned. If anyone gets really out of line we will step in them HARD.


Who do you think you are? The Fist of God? Do you think Russia and China can't "step in hard". Not to mention China could bring the American economy to a halt at any time were they to demand that America repay their debt.


It's not a matter of can or can't it's a matter of will or won't.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
User avatar
Infidel
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 1:12 am
Native language: 英語

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby AJBryant » Wed 07.19.2006 11:39 am

Since Israel is trying to disarm Lebanon's munition, Israel thinks that, and probably is that Syria is giving Lebanon it's munition and Israel may be thinking to disarm Syria aswell.


Minor point. Israel is not trying to disarm LEBANON, nor is Israel at war (yet) with Lebanon.

Israel is fighting Hizbullah, which is a stateless terrorist organization that, due to years of Lebanese unrest, has a firm foothold in Lebanon. There are even two cabinet ministers in Lebanon from the Hizbullah party.

Oddly, though Lebanon is suffering from all the strikes, if Israel can actually distroy Hizbullah it would be a good thing for Lebanon, as Hizbullah is a client of Syria and Iran. (Israel recently blew up a shipment of long-range rockets being sent from the SYRIAN ARMY to Hizbullah, and some of the longer range ones that have been hitting Haifa were supplied by Iran.

Any wonder why people are concerned about Iran getting the Bomb?

Tony
User avatar
AJBryant
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 11:29 am
Location: Indiana
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby Schattenjedi » Wed 07.19.2006 11:47 am

Infidel wrote:
Schattenjedi wrote:
Westerners really should keep their noses out of the Islamic world. They reject everything that comes from outside so why bother? I think the key players are Israel and Iran. If those two get into a war with each other, their hatred for another is going to fuel some intense fighting. And if Iran does end up in the war, then there is the slight possibility that China and/or Russia could enter which would probably make it a world war. However more likely would be that China and Russia would just arm Iran to the teeth and let them do their own fighting.

As for this gem:

Infidel wrote:
Personally I'm not really worried about Islamic nations so far as a global conflict is concerned. If anyone gets really out of line we will step in them HARD.


Who do you think you are? The Fist of God? Do you think Russia and China can't "step in hard". Not to mention China could bring the American economy to a halt at any time were they to demand that America repay their debt.


It's not a matter of can or can't it's a matter of will or won't.


You'll have to put a topic on that sentence. Are you talking about America, China, Russia, or everyone?

AJBryant wrote:
Minor point. Israel is not trying to disarm LEBANON, nor is Israel at war (yet) with Lebanon.

Israel is fighting Hizbullah, which is a stateless terrorist organization that, due to years of Lebanese unrest, has a firm foothold in Lebanon. There are even two cabinet ministers in Lebanon from the Hizbullah party.

Oddly, though Lebanon is suffering from all the strikes, if Israel can actually distroy Hizbullah it would be a good thing for Lebanon, as Hizbullah is a client of Syria and Iran. (Israel recently blew up a shipment of long-range rockets being sent from the SYRIAN ARMY to Hizbullah, and some of the longer range ones that have been hitting Haifa were supplied by Iran.

Any wonder why people are concerned about Iran getting the Bomb?

Tony


For me the point where Israel stopped attacking Hisbollah and where they started attacking Lebanon was when they started taking out the general infrastructure of Lebanon such as main roads and the international airport in Beirut. Sure they are used by Hisbollah too but they are mainly used by the Lebanese population.
Schattenjedi
 

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby Shibakoen » Wed 07.19.2006 2:21 pm

I wonder how much of this will be "Self Full-filling prophecy" of the major 24-hr news networks. It seems that they would LOVE to see WW3, though I really don't see it happening. Standard media hyperbole (which seems to have exploded now that all the talking heads have to fill 24-hrs worth of punditry into a day, instead of just one or two). I'm reading this book on Sakamoto Ryoma, and it seems to me that "Islamic Fundamentalism" fits nicely into the reign of terror that Hanpeita commanded in Kyoto. I also find it interesting that despite the fact that the media has frightened everyone into thinking WW3 is coming (or already here) terrorist attacks don't claim near as many lives, or do near as much damage as natural disasters. One little tsunami off Java killed more than the Isreali bombs and Hisbollah rockets over the last week. The earthquakes in Iran and Pakistan killed scores more than the London and Madrid bombings. The "Big" Tsunami of Boxing Day '04 killed 100 times more people than the Sept. 11th attacks. Yet the news would have you believe the world is going to end. It's not. The most important thing that people need to realize is the utter futility of terrorism. Obviously, the worst case senario is the use of a nuclear weapon. I don't think Iran is dumb enough to use one in Isreal (what are they going to do, poison the territory they want to give to the Palestineans?) or the US (GW's army may be over extended but the US nuclear arsenal would make quick work of Tehran). Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I really doubt anyone is that stupid. Even suicide bombers have concern for the family and friends (and ideals) they leave behind.
Image
User avatar
Shibakoen
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon 03.28.2005 5:17 pm

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby ComradeJoe » Wed 07.19.2006 2:58 pm

News isn't news anymore, it's entertainment. Disgusting.
User avatar
ComradeJoe
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon 07.10.2006 5:24 pm

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 07.19.2006 3:00 pm

i just like how we just post up stuff, we don't think about whether it is accurate and then people take that and their opinions and next thing you know we are talking about martians, the land of Atlantis, and what would happen if The Atlantians were to use their alien technology to help us bomb mars or use it to kill us all..

frankly I am of the mind that doing a few minutes of research to get your facts straight, basing a solid opinion on that leads to better discussion.. regurgitating what your peers say is just a bunch of crap..

anyways, continue, maybe a bit more info and i will be thoroughly confused
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby richvh » Wed 07.19.2006 3:09 pm

keatonatron wrote:
Infidel wrote:
Personally I'm not really worried about Islamic nations so far as a global conflict is concerned. If anyone gets really out of line we will step in them HARD.


We stepped in Iraq pretty hard, and look what happened: it kept costing more and more money, we lost a whole bunch of soldiers, and there was even talk about starting up the draft.


About 2000 soldiers killed over 3 years is chump change as wars go (compare to the losses suffered during the US Civil War, WWI or WWII for the real meaning of "losing a whole bunch of soldiers.") The only people talking about starting up a draft are those that want to use the fact of a draft to attack the administration; when the House finally forced the bill to a vote, the bill's sponsors voted against it. The military, in particular, do not want a draft; there are too many bad memories of what the Vietnam era draft did to the army.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh
 
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby SunaipaaKisei » Wed 07.19.2006 3:47 pm

Who do you think you are? The Fist of God? Do you think Russia and China can't "step in hard". Not to mention China could bring the American economy to a halt at any time were they to demand that America repay their debt.


That is true. China is growing way to rapidly and is threatening the western world.
But I too am more worried about North Korea. The US buys so much oil from the middle east that they kind of need our business. North Korea is simply crazy, which means they have no reason to not take on the whole world.

yes true. North Korea is pretty much insane especially the president of North Korea, Kim Jong 2
Their country is dirt poor and still are able to build nuclear bombs...
News isn't news anymore, it's entertainment. Disgusting.

well the news love this kind of stuff, they get lots of money from it. I bet you they do hope that a bigger conflict will occurrs.

Edit:!!!! This just in from the CNN news, The Iranian governement said "If you want to welcome a third world war, We are gladly going to welcome it. We have our army ready to go, We are waiting for the green light"
Last edited by SunaipaaKisei on Wed 07.19.2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SunaipaaKisei
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon 07.17.2006 3:52 am

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby ComradeJoe » Wed 07.19.2006 4:31 pm

SunaipaaKisei wrote:

Edit:!!!! This just in from the CNN news, The Iranian governement said "If you want to welcome a third world war, We are gladly going to welcome it. We have our army ready to go, We are waiting for the green light"


Hehe, that was funny.

...

You are joking, right?
Last edited by ComradeJoe on Wed 07.19.2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ComradeJoe
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon 07.10.2006 5:24 pm

RE: Heading Into The New World War.

Postby SunaipaaKisei » Wed 07.19.2006 4:42 pm

Hehe, that was funny.

...

You are joking, right?


lol no, go watch cnn
User avatar
SunaipaaKisei
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon 07.17.2006 3:52 am

Next

Return to General off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests