Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Postby SunaipaaKisei » Sun 07.23.2006 3:17 am

Hello, Welcome to this thread.
Lots of you may not know what Lucid Dreaming is, I'm going to explain all that.
Please read through what i have to say, It may change the way you look at sleeping. Lucid Dreaming is simply dreaming while being aware that you are dreaming.It's like almost being conscious while dreaming. Once you are able to aware yourself that you are dreaming, you would be able to control your dream and what you do and what you want to do are the endless possibilities through Lucid Dreaming.

There is a Site for lots of information on how to Lucid Dream, they teach you what you need to know and how to achieve that skill.Few of you may have already experienced this event.Dreaming while being aware of it.I'm not going to give out this site because i am not sure if it's allowed, But will somebody tell me if it is?
So i can post up the link and help people Lucid Dream.It is an amazing experience,
plus the site has forums, bye bye, and please tell me if this has ever happened to you?
Last edited by SunaipaaKisei on Sun 07.23.2006 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SunaipaaKisei

RE: Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Postby zengargoyle » Sun 07.23.2006 3:47 am

meh... totally not related at all to the purpose of TJP. and a google of "Lucid Dreaming" will get anybody more than they want to know...

otherwise, lucid dreaming *is* quite enjoyable and interesting, and not that hard to learn. whether or not it's useful beyond the pure entertainment value... i'm not sure.

so knock yourself out, it is "Off Topic Discussion" thread, and as long as it's not pure SPAM it's OK to muse about whatever suits your fancy. :)
zengargoyle

Postby SunaipaaKisei » Sun 07.23.2006 3:55 am

alright woohoo here it is.
their forum is down for reconstuction so it will be back on tomorrow.
http://www.DreamViews.com
the purpose of making this topic is to see if people accomplished it and what they did in their dream.
SunaipaaKisei

Postby tanuki » Sun 07.23.2006 9:20 am

I knew that site a while ago. I read that stuff and it seemed pretty interesting, but I never really tried to lucid dream. It would be cool, though.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Ongakuka » Sun 07.23.2006 9:43 am

Hmph, what rot. There's no skill in controlling what happens in your own dream, because they're your own thoughts to begin with. On many occasions I've actively changed the scene of a nightmare to something a tad more pleasureable. This site seems to suggest that changing the outcome of your dream is some kind of achievement.

Incidentally that wasn't meant to offend anyone who takes this seriously, merely just my point of view.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby 843 » Sun 07.23.2006 9:58 am

I've tried to have those lucid dreams some time ago, but never managed to get one :P
I've got as far as remembering my dreams and keeping a dream journal...

Then again, I get the feeling that nowadays I'm having lucid dreams subconsciously O.o

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 07.25.2006 12:03 pm

one thing to note. you only remember the dreams you wake up during.. the others are lost into your subconcious where they began..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Budomaru » Tue 07.25.2006 2:31 pm

Psi Pog
Spirit OnLine

some food for thought :P i used to hang out at SoL back when i was like 12-13 (yeah it hasnt been updated since :P)

i've had lucid dreams, but only a few times years ago - didnt bother training it. also, it's used in psychiatric therapy and also used to study sleep.
You know you've been hanging around a forum too long when people start quoting you and agreeing :P
Budomaru

Postby ComradeJoe » Tue 07.25.2006 3:15 pm

I've been having lucid dreams ever since I was a 7 or so, but I can't control the content like some people can. All I can do is wake-up if I don't like what I'm dreaming. Very weird sensation.
Last edited by ComradeJoe on Tue 07.25.2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComradeJoe

Postby paul_b » Tue 07.25.2006 3:24 pm

Ongakuka wrote:
Hmph, what rot. There's no skill in controlling what happens in your own dream, because they're your own thoughts to begin with. On many occasions I've actively changed the scene of a nightmare to something a tad more pleasureable.

I don't get nightmares. Full stop.

I can control my dreams to pretty good extent but I usually don't much because if you concentrate _too_ much you wake up and because I usually get a better plot if I don't.
paul_b

Postby 843 » Wed 07.26.2006 3:28 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
one thing to note. you only remember the dreams you wake up during.. the others are lost into your subconcious where they began..

It's kinda irritating when you try to have lucid dreams since you'll have to wake up a couple of times after REM occurs, write down a few key points of that dream, and return back to sleep.

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.26.2006 11:53 am

Cool!!! I love when I remember my dreams, which is rare. Their so cool! I always know Im dreaming but I can't control them which sucks becuase controling my dreams would be crazy.
kanadajin

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 07.26.2006 1:44 pm

I personally don't see any purpose to cotrolled dreams.. it is your bodies/minds way to shed stress and other things that if let build up will damage the mind.. controlling ones dreams would just disrupt this process. there are many reports that even state that Lucid Dreaming does nothing for the person who is actually dreaming.. Before you tread on the trail of dream control, research the pros and cons very in depth.

also, waking to remember disrupts the deep sleeps as well and a Lucid Dreamer never enters the deep deep sleep that is considered the regenerative realm of sleep.. anyways. do some research before you jump on this bandwagon.. i caution you at least..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.26.2006 2:56 pm

... I was never going to try it in the first place ;) I don't feel like reading all that and I like my dreams the way they are :D
Last edited by kanadajin on Wed 07.26.2006 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanadajin

Postby Reno » Wed 07.26.2006 5:17 pm

Dreaming is your stress-vent. I must say though as far as I know you always control your dream. I remember that one time in my dream that I .. hehe.. I did the... hehe...and there was this girl...HA! yeah that was a great dream...

Moral behind this all: Everybody controls their own dreams because theyre YOUR dreams from YOUR experiences
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Next

Return to General off topic