Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - help

help

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: help

Postby Oracle » Mon 09.04.2006 10:38 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
He writes German the same way he writes English...

I am amused.

It also reminds me of a story where my Japanese teacher got mad at one of my friends because his Japanese writing was completely illegeble.

Another kid in the class piped up with "yeah, but his English is illegible too. In fact, his Japanese actually looks more like english than his english."

:D

Having good language/literacy skills in your native language first is important. I don't think I've ever met a Japanese learner who developed better grammar skills than they already had in English, for example..

A random story: I once met an American guy who'd been living for years out in a small town in the 田舎 whose English speaking conversation skills had deteriorated a little - in that way that happens when you've been speaking another language for a long time without other native speakers around and you slightly lose touch of how to say things nautrally. Anyway, I thought, wow, this guy's Japanese must be incredible because his English is certainly strange. Then I heard him speak Japanese, and it was terrible!! I felt a bit sorry for him..:)
Last edited by Oracle on Mon 09.04.2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Native language: English

Previous

Return to General off topic