Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Ringtones?

Ringtones?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Ringtones?

Postby ButterFli » Sun 09.03.2006 1:11 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Japanese ringtones? I would like some, But I cant seem to find any. Any ideas?
-BFli
ButterFli

RE: Ringtones?

Postby Frumious Boojum » Sun 09.03.2006 2:39 am

Depends on your phone and service... some newer ones will just let you rip a CD and put the MP3 on your phone. Or even send a clip to your phone... or plenty of other possibilities.
Frumious Boojum

Postby magma » Sun 09.03.2006 3:05 am

Most ring tones these days are *so* bourgeois. A JPOP 'tone wouldn't really sound much different from an APOP one, would it? (Afterall, without the Japanese, what have you got?)

To really stand out as a cultured individual, you should look for some traditional Japanese koto music, like Godan Ginuta, Rokudan, Nidan Sugagaki, etc. That would sound good on a tinny cell phone, AND make you appear very sophisticated. Not only that: every time you get a call, おじいさん standing nearby will get tears in their eyes. "Maybe these kids today aren't all bad...", they'll mutter.
magma

Native language: 米語

Postby emingygurl » Sun 09.03.2006 10:17 am

rofl, There are some phones that have ringtones that have actually songs, lyrics and everything. I've been wondering this as well, how to get Gackt on my...non-existent...phone...-sulks off-
"It's not that I want to win, it's just that I don't want to lose."- Gackt
emingygurl

Postby keatonatron » Sun 09.03.2006 10:53 am

It's easy if you have Docomo...
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby ButterFli » Sun 09.03.2006 3:56 pm

magma wrote:
To really stand out as a cultured individual, you should look for some traditional Japanese koto music, like Godan Ginuta, Rokudan, Nidan Sugagaki, etc. That would sound good on a tinny cell phone, AND make you appear very sophisticated. Not only that: every time you get a call, おじいさん standing nearby will get tears in their eyes. "Maybe these kids today aren't all bad...", they'll mutter.

Im not really trying to stand out, I just want the ringtone.. Lol
ButterFli

Postby becks23 » Sun 09.03.2006 5:22 pm

You don't need your service provider to put music as your ringtone. Simply put, all you need is a phone that takes flash memory sticks or internal memory. This is why I love Sony Ericsson phones; all their phones nowadays have a Memory Stick Duo Pro slot as well as at least 512mb on the phone itself. If your phone is mp3 compatable(or m4a(AAC format)) just put the song on your phone via USB. From there go to your settings, sounds, and select your ringtone. Make sure you put the song in the coresponding folder for mp3s so you can view it and use it. I should also mention that by using this method, you will only have the opening to the song avaliable to you, meaning it plays through the song like it were from music mode. The way around that is simple as well though. All you need is mp3 editing software then crop out the section you want as your ringtone. Personally I try to go for songs with catchy openings, it just saves time...and my songs are m4a so I can't edit them :|

My ringtone right now is Summer Time Love - m-flo B) Match the season ;)

Hope this helps
Last edited by becks23 on Sun 09.03.2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beckham has done it again at Old Trafford!!"
becks23

Postby ButterFli » Sat 09.09.2006 4:07 pm

That's not fair, I don't have a memory stick!
ButterFli

Return to General off topic