Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pics thread 〜2〜

Pics thread 〜2〜

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 12.21.2006 5:10 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_piercing_instrument

as you can see on this page, for ear piercing they do not use a needle. the actual starter stud is in a sterile disposable cartridge that pushes the stud through and sets it and that's it.

if you are considereing having it done, do a search on the web for claire's (a boutique in most malls ) that sells jewelry and does the piercings. make sure you talk it over with your parents as they have to sign a waver as you are still under that age of 18.
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Thu 12.21.2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Strawberry_Juice » Thu 12.21.2006 6:43 pm

It's actually the sharp bits on the earrings themselves that I'm worried about, haha...
I'm sort of just screwed then. :p
Strawberry_Juice

Postby Rounin T » Thu 12.21.2006 7:06 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
I'd make a poor ambassador, being almost entirely devoid of tact and diplomacy.

Of course. You're absolutely incapable of tact. And you're often undiplomatic without meaning to be. My mistake.

I would like to add that I find the very confident manner in which she looks at the camera and her very sparing use of cosmetics are refreshing, alluring, and charming.

The smile doesn't hurt, either. Beats the pants off that sultry "I've got something in my eye" look you see so often these days.
Rounin T

Postby Mike Cash » Fri 12.22.2006 12:15 pm

Rounin T wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:
I'd make a poor ambassador, being almost entirely devoid of tact and diplomacy.

Of course. You're absolutely incapable of tact. And you're often undiplomatic without meaning to be. My mistake.

I'm perfectly capable of tact. The problem is that I usually exercise tact by biting my tongue and saying nothing at all, so you'll never know when I've been tactful.

And when I am undiplomatic, rest assured that it is always intentional. That's one reason you'll almost never find me apologizing for anything I've said on the internet.

I would like to add that I find the very confident manner in which she looks at the camera and her very sparing use of cosmetics are refreshing, alluring, and charming.

The smile doesn't hurt, either. Beats the pants off that sultry "I've got something in my eye" look you see so often these days.

She's precisely the sort of young lady I would hope for my son to bring home some day. And for whom I'd lay a severe beating on him if he ever mistreated her. Girls with class don't grow on trees these days.
Last edited by Mike Cash on Fri 12.22.2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Cash

Postby Rounin T » Fri 12.22.2006 1:40 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
I'm perfectly capable of tact. The problem is that I usually exercise tact by biting my tongue and saying nothing at all, so you'll never know when I've been tactful.

And when I am undiplomatic, rest assured that it is always intentional. That's one reason you'll almost never find me apologizing for anything I've said on the internet.

Exactly.

Moreover, Mike has the capacity, at least, for irresistible charisma, as demonstrated by the following:

Mike Cash wrote:
Women I know personally, I often address by name+美人, as though 美人 were a job title like 課長 or マネジャー. It's silly, of course, but I have yet to encounter even one woman who took the slightest offense to it.

Quite the charmer, wouldn'cha say?
Last edited by Rounin T on Fri 12.22.2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rounin T

Postby Mike Cash » Fri 12.22.2006 10:19 pm

You mean you're discovering I'm human after all?
Mike Cash

Postby Infidel » Sat 12.23.2006 2:28 am

tanuki wrote:
Schattenjedi wrote:
Are you a boy or a girl?

Dude! Do you realize how offensive that is?

Someone missed Common Sense 101.

Wow.

In Schattenjidi's defense. That particular picture did emphasize her jawline and eyeridge, two features that are generally considered masculine when pronounced. But it was strictly the camera angle that made it look this way. But it wasn't enough for me to be confused. Maybe I'm a bit more sensitive or something.

The follow up pictures prove it. Seen in proper context her jaw and eyebrow aren't unfemenine. Actually, the most notable thing to me was the blue blouse over the black turtleneck. It looked very Puritan to me with just the upper torso visible. My biggest shock was seeing her dressed normal in the other pictures and not in something a bit more Amish or Society of Friends-ish. Now I'm pretty sure that is the focus were a bit more distant, her clothes wouldn't look Puritan at all.

Faan-san's picture series does an even better job of demonstrating the effect of camera angle on the appearance of facial structure. The very first picture reminds me a LOT of Elvis pictures, even the lips. But this Elvis look completely disapears on the others. Pic 3 makes his face look somewhat gaunt and gives him a tough look. It reminds me of some action movie guy I can't name, while picture 4 makes his face look more fleshy and homey and "normal" more like someone you'd expect to meet at school .

There's a reason why portraits are taken at the angle they are, so that the face does not look significantly different that what the person would see in the mirror.

I won't repeat comments already made.
Last edited by Infidel on Sat 12.23.2006 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby adorkablekristy » Sat 12.23.2006 10:28 pm

so many gawjus people <3

adorkablekristy

Postby Rounin T » Sun 12.24.2006 2:25 pm

Mike Cash wrote:
You mean you're discovering I'm human after all?

I wondered at first, Mike, but that was only for a day or two. I found out that you were a credit to humanity a long time ago.
Rounin T

RE: wow...me...

Postby Silvan » Wed 12.27.2006 7:56 am

this was taken for my aunt's wedding a few years ago. i was a brides' maid
amazing what make up can do lol. anyway...yeah. (hope the pic uploads. if it dosent, just go to

http://www.hi5.com/friend/photoshare/di ... Id=5496861

thats my hi5 photo album)
Last edited by Silvan on Wed 12.27.2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
hOLLOW Where mY Heart Should bE
Silvan

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 12.27.2006 1:50 pm

the link will work, but only if we are also registered hi5 members. I am not, so i won't be able to view it..
two_heads_talking

Postby angstycoder » Fri 12.29.2006 8:07 pm

Sure, I'll play.

Me at age 18
Me at age 19
Me at 23ish with blue hair :)
Recent mugshot
27 Dec 06 after work.
Last edited by angstycoder on Fri 12.29.2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angstycoder

Postby Strawberry_Juice » Sun 12.31.2006 2:00 am

Methinks we need more silly and fun pictures.

Oil paint + skin = not good. :D
Omgasm.
Working on my history project visual, wahey.
Last edited by Strawberry_Juice on Sun 12.31.2006 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strawberry_Juice

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 12.31.2006 2:36 am

Any chance of you sharing a pic of the project when you get it finished?
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby chrischi » Sun 12.31.2006 12:52 pm

chrischi

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic