Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Crunchyroll!

Crunchyroll!

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Crunchyroll!

Postby Machina Maw » Sat 12.09.2006 5:32 am

こんにちは 皆さぁぁぁん〜!

I'm back from the dead, however no one has probably noticed that I haven't posted for ages. Haha. But it's because I'm soo lazy TдT;

Anywho, I found this website called crunchyroll.com which has huuuge amounts of anime/Japanese music vids/J-drama and so on and so forth.

Enjoy! And sorry if this has been previously mentioned!
n___n
Last edited by Machina Maw on Sat 12.09.2006 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machina Maw

RE: Crunchyroll!

Postby hyperconjugated » Sat 12.09.2006 6:16 am

Welcome back ^__^

Are you sure the site is legal?
Last edited by hyperconjugated on Sat 12.09.2006 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby Machina Maw » Sat 12.09.2006 6:25 am

Thanks n__n

I believe so, as far as I am aware. Buuuut should it happen to be proved otherwise, I would myself delete this thread.
Machina Maw

Postby hyperconjugated » Sat 12.09.2006 6:29 am

OK :-) btw the link is broken in
your OP. You need to take off the
"" from the URL.
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby paul_b » Sat 12.09.2006 6:31 am

hyperconjugated wrote:
Are you sure the site is legal?

Good question. I suspect it's much the same as that site for people who 'suki anime' (hint hint). That is providing fansubs of Japanese anime.

The 'suki anime' site (hint hint) has a clear and public policy of not distributing anime that has been licensed for distribution outside of Japan. This does not make it legal but the Western anime distribution companies know about such things and generally turn a blind eye to them (although never officially allowing the practice). The _Japanese_ anime production companies very rarely show any interest in what's happening outside of Japan and thus don't bother much about fansubs. They are, however, dead set against distribution of non-fansubbed anime over the internet.

Overall I was going to ignore the 'Crunchyroll' link, but if some other admin thinks it should be removed frankly nobody has any basis for complaining about that.
paul_b

Postby Machina Maw » Sat 12.09.2006 7:03 am

I fixed the link. I guess I've been living a bit too long in HTML land. Or something along those lines. :P

paul_b: that's fair enough. :]
Machina Maw

Return to General off topic