Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Ex- Foreign Exchange Students.

Ex- Foreign Exchange Students.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Ex- Foreign Exchange Students.

Postby Sumi » Wed 12.13.2006 12:22 am

How many people here have been ex foreign exchange students in general. Not just to Japan. If so, could someone tell me the best program to use and some tips to make my application a little better?

Thank you in advance
-寿美
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

RE: Ex- Foreign Exchange Students.

Postby Mike Cash » Wed 12.13.2006 5:37 am

I was an exchange student to Hirosaki National University 1988-89. The program was funded by the Ministry of Education and administered by my university, which has a sister school relationship with the school here.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby Kagemaru » Wed 12.13.2006 8:44 am

I was an exchange student to Austria in 1990-91 and Japan in 1993-94 both through Rotary. I don't know about now, back then the only thing I disliked about the program was that I was prohibited to see girl(s) alone. Well, I can hardly say that made any difference to my life anyway, but for the Don Huan De-Marco's, that may be a thorn in your side.

As for the application, having no criminal record nor any outstanding warrants or fines, qualified me for the program.
Kagemaru

Native language: Greek

Postby Schattenjedi » Wed 12.13.2006 8:52 am

Kagemaru wrote:I don't know about now, back then the only thing I disliked about the program was that I was prohibited to see girl(s) alone.

That's ridiculous. Who would even follow that kind of rule?
Schattenjedi

Postby Kagemaru » Wed 12.13.2006 1:08 pm

Schattenjedi wrote:
That's ridiculous. Who would even follow that kind of rule?

No exchange students although, I stayed with one family who gave me the spanish inquisition every time I went out the door. On the other hand, with another family, I was frequenting strip joints and bars with the father....

Some well established long standing Rotarians take it very seriously to abide by the guidelines, whilst others do it for the cheque. Either way, some invaluable memories in my life...
Kagemaru

Native language: Greek

Return to General off topic