Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Computer Help

Computer Help

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Computer Help

Postby Silvan » Sun 12.24.2006 3:39 pm

can anyone help me? i KNOW im supposed to be talking...well, typing japanese anyway, but my computer is giving me problems andi want to know if this is a problem that is common or not.

I was fiddling around with my task bar options so that i could get my language bar on it. Somehow, now, my language bar is there, but when i minimise a window, it just disappears and never goes into the taskbar. I would have to open another window. Even if i do that there should be a compressed button on the taskbar with the name of the window but there is nothing, just blank...taskbar. Can you tell what i did wrong and how do i fix it? I can no longer minimise windows i have to go through the long procedure of opening a window and finding the page i was on just to get it back
hOLLOW Where mY Heart Should bE
Silvan

RE: Computer Help

Postby paul_b » Sun 12.24.2006 3:58 pm

Not sure, but you can try the following.

1. <CTRL><ALT>+<DEL>
Select "Explorer" from the list and [END TASK] (say 'Yes')

This will kill the task bar completely.

2. Open a folder (for example from a Save File dialog right click a folder and choose "Open").

This will re-start the task bar.

Sometimes glitches can be cleared up by resetting it like that.
paul_b

Postby Silvan » Sun 12.24.2006 5:52 pm

im sorry, its not the task bar
its the tool bar, where start is on the screen. right now, i dont even see the compressed button that shows i have a window open. its just blank, and on the other side its the regular JP norton msn buttons.
this is trivial isnt it?
i just want it back so that i can click between multiple windows instead of losing the windows when i click minimise.
Silvan

Postby Silvan » Sun 12.24.2006 5:55 pm

or is what im talking about the taskbar (1 word?)??? im so confused...i know about the ctrl alt del thing tho. but this is down there...where start is.
Last edited by Silvan on Sun 12.24.2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silvan

Postby paul_b » Sun 12.24.2006 5:59 pm

Silvan wrote:
or is what im talking about the taskbar (1 word?)??? im so confused...i know about the ctrl alt del thing tho. but this is down there...where start is.

That is the taskbar. Did you try what I suggested?
paul_b

Postby Silvan » Mon 12.25.2006 8:16 am

it worked, thanx alot!
Silvan

Return to General off topic