Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - A new season of American Idol... why?

A new season of American Idol... why?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: A new season of American Idol... why?

Postby goku8851 » Thu 01.18.2007 12:04 pm

keatonatron wrote:
I don't think I've ever been able to sit through a single episode of that show. And I know I would end up acting just like Simon if I had to deal with those people!

I wish it was as simple as shutting the tv off for me but the people I live with still like the show. I try to reason with them but I think I would have a better chance of getting through to a Democrat. Although I don't sit in front of the tv, I can still here it where ever I go in the house and I am chained to my house (primarily because I must get up early to go to the University, which I think many people on that show have never heard of).

As far as the people who do watch the show and claim not to like it... don't watch it so that the show doesn't get the ratings it needs to survive for a new season.
Last edited by goku8851 on Thu 01.18.2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two great things about politics. One is the money and I forgot the other.
goku8851

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 01.18.2007 2:06 pm

goku8851 wrote:

Thanks for the help with the typo and clearing things up for us. Do you think the chargers will fire Marty with his pathetic playoff record and his calls during the pats game which makes you question his intelligence. LT cracks me up calling the pats classless Ha ha ha.

just having a little fun with misspelled words.. lol..

and no unfortunately SD fans are stuck with Martyball for 1 more year. He did, however, refuse to take an extended contract that would have kept him around past 2008. so one more year of the martyball curse.. and yeah, LT is like school on saturdays. NO CLASS.. the funny part is he only points out everyone else's faults as he figures no one will question him with his record setting number of touchdowns and all that.. I just laugh. Myabe someone should point out to LT that no matter how good you are, the SuperBowl is still the measurement that everyone is help up to.

anyways, that's my take.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby goku8851 » Thu 01.18.2007 2:56 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
and no unfortunately SD fans are stuck with Martyball for 1 more year. He did, however, refuse to take an extended contract that would have kept him around past 2008. so one more year of the martyball curse.. and yeah, LT is like school on saturdays. NO CLASS.. the funny part is he only points out everyone else's faults as he figures no one will question him with his record setting number of touchdowns and all that.. I just laugh. Myabe someone should point out to LT that no matter how good you are, the SuperBowl is still the measurement that everyone is help up to.

anyways, that's my take.

For the record I'm a Pats fan but I agree with you. SD has a young team with many punks and they did so much trash talking before the game (which is not the time to do it). The pats won the game and were just retaliating against SD and the Chargers are just a bunch of cry babies. Can't wait for the game on Sunday. Should be a good game and I'm curious to see if Payton can break his losing record of 0-2 against the Pats.
There are two great things about politics. One is the money and I forgot the other.
goku8851

Postby KINGZ » Thu 01.18.2007 3:18 pm

Oh, please if there is a GOD he would end this American Idol. Please Why wont it end. OMG!!!!! I think I’ve watch about 40min total of American Idol and I wanted to pull out my eyeballs and shove them in my ears. :D :D :D

But as I always say, To Each Their Own
;)
Last edited by KINGZ on Thu 01.18.2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KINGZ

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 01.18.2007 5:06 pm

yeah, that's why we are talking football.. lol
two_heads_talking

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Thu 01.18.2007 6:04 pm

tanuki wrote:
Matsumoto_hideto wrote:
Thank God its not on here in japan. well at least my TV doesnt get it...

Don't forget that in Japan, they have their "Lovely Idol". ;)

What?? Which channel is that one? NHK? I dont watch that much TV. So you probably know more about japanese TV than I do.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby goku8851 » Thu 01.18.2007 9:47 pm

My brother was switching through channels on the TV and came across a humorous clip on the Daily Show about the new season of American Idol. I usually don't watch that show because it is a little too left wing for me but I certainly agree with this clip. Here is the link for it(a little long, might want to cut and paste it) :

link

EDIT: Link shortened -keat
Last edited by goku8851 on Fri 01.19.2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
goku8851

Postby tanuki » Fri 01.19.2007 1:53 pm

Matsumoto_hideto wrote:
tanuki wrote:
Don't forget that in Japan, they have their "Lovely Idol". ;)

What?? Which channel is that one? NHK? I dont watch that much TV. So you probably know more about japanese TV than I do.

:)

I don't know if it's on TV. Paul?

I was referring to this.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Dehitay » Fri 01.19.2007 3:37 pm

goku8851 wrote:
My brother was switching through channels on the TV and came across a humorous clip on the Daily Show about the new season of American Idol. I usually don't watch that show because it is a little too left wing for me but I certainly agree with this clip. Here is the link for it(a little long, might want to cut and paste it) :

link

EDIT: Link shortened -keat

Har har, I was going to introduce that into this thread but didn't really want to start more competition. The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are probly my favorite shows on television right now. While they are more left wing, they insult both sides for their respective foolish deeds
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 01.19.2007 5:48 pm

it's also comedic news which is about as reliable as the comedian telling it.. hardly reliable at all..

no wonder the younger generation can't figure anything out.. it's all comedy to them.. :o
two_heads_talking

Postby goku8851 » Fri 01.19.2007 5:57 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
it's also comedic news which is about as reliable as the comedian telling it.. hardly reliable at all..

That is one of the reasons why I have a tendency not to get my news there. I'm not quite sure what the numbers are but I recall my english teacher senior year of high school said something like 50% of Americans get their news from the Daily Show (not quite sure how true that is). Do people find the news so dull that they need to have a comedian tell it to them?
goku8851

Postby Dehitay » Fri 01.19.2007 8:41 pm

LMFAO, people actually see that as a news show? It's really not that different from Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien (except a hell of a lot funnier). Jon is always reminding us that it's not a news program too.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby Hatori » Sat 01.20.2007 12:38 am

I'm quite the opposite when it comes to American Idol. Everybody seems to watch it when there are all of the good people singing and you have to vote n' stuff. I only watch most of the episodes for the tryouts. XD
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby goku8851 » Sat 01.20.2007 12:53 am

Hatori wrote:
Everybody seems to watch it when there are all of the good people singing

If that was the case then nobody would be watching the show
Last edited by goku8851 on Sat 01.20.2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
goku8851

Postby Hatori » Sat 01.20.2007 1:22 am

goku8851 wrote:
Hatori wrote:
Everybody seems to watch it when there are all of the good people singing

If that was the case then nobody would be watching the show

I know that, Goku!! lol. I just watch to stupid stuff because I'm stupid and yeah... XD
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic