Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Is this a premonition? I hope not.

Is this a premonition? I hope not.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Is this a premonition? I hope not.

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Tue 01.23.2007 6:06 pm

Hatori wrote:
But war is discusting and we already have enough of it in Iraq... We don't need another fight.

would you look at this. someone from the right says something that makes sense.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby angstycoder » Tue 01.23.2007 6:13 pm

I actually have dreams where I'm speaking German and French with people all the time. I wake up with vocabulary I never knew I had, but if I don't write it down right away, it's gone. Must be stuff my subconscious ate and I never really could use in conversation.

I agree that Freud was a bit ... strange
angstycoder: "指の臨死体験"
kagemaru: ? ? ?
angstycoder: "I meant finger has near death experience"
kagemaru "doesn't work. You said 'Finger of near death experience'"
angstycoder: "Did I mention I don't know grammar?"
angstycoder

Postby Tspoonami » Tue 01.23.2007 6:21 pm

Quite often, I have dreams that involve falling from high-ish places and somehow surviving with no injuries... The wierd part is that I feel the dream, as if I were riding a roller coaster. I hate that falling feeling in real life, but in dreams, it's really fun! The wierdest thing, though, was falling down some big staircase at Sea World, or falling down an outdoor escalator at a Pokemon hotel run by Misty's sisters, then landing in a pile of leaves and flying/riding home on a flying black jaguar (the cat, not the car).

Last edited by Tspoonami on Tue 01.23.2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby tanuki » Tue 01.23.2007 7:00 pm

angstycoder wrote:
I actually have dreams where I'm speaking German and French with people all the time.

The only Japanese-related dream I've ever had involved just the word オレンジ.

Very Japanese. ;)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Infidel » Tue 01.23.2007 8:04 pm

anikaliki wrote:
I had a dream last night that China bombed the United States and took everyone as slaves. We were all seperated from our families and they put us in chains. They took over the country and the government. When we got to China they treated us very good. It was the wierdest dream I've ever had, and the only one I've ever remembered. It was so real it scared me.

Not to go all political or anything, but this won't happen. If China did bomb us, we would bomb them right back and there won't be any one left to take us as slaves. Don't think the leaders of China aren't well aware of this.

The one certainty with the US, is we will use nuclear weapons on any nation that threatens to annex state territory.

But this isn't going to happen. We are geographically isolated enough from any threatening nations that they cannot win a land war. Perhaps more importantly, China isn't interested in conquering the US any more than the US is interested in conquering China. China does want to re-integrate all the rogue nations that used to be Chinese territory but are no longer.

China has always been a mostly satiated nation. They don't go conquer so much as they get conquered and absorb the conquerers and fight amoungst themselves.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Hatori » Tue 01.23.2007 9:30 pm

angstycoder wrote:
I actually have dreams where I'm speaking German and French with people all the time. I wake up with vocabulary I never knew I had, but if I don't write it down right away, it's gone. Must be stuff my subconscious ate and I never really could use in conversation.

I agree that Freud was a bit ... strange

Are you sure it's French or German?? I thought people could only have dreams like that that they are speaking in other languages they know. I've had a dream that I've been to Japan, but it could've been somewhere else because I don't know all of the right sentence format, kanji, and vocabulary. I'm just assuming it's Japan unless my dream has somebody read or say something that it's a certain country.

Matsumoto_hideto wrote:
Hatori wrote:
But war is discusting and we already have enough of it in Iraq... We don't need another fight.

would you look at this. someone from the right says something that makes sense.

I don't like wars. Especially about learning more about WWI in class now... It's scaring me. O_o. Yeah, I should stop being scared...
But, I never really think about things like this, but I've learned more. Anyways, I wouldn't blame President Bush for the fighting. If somebody attacks your country, you just can't sit on your sweet ass and let them ride over you.
----
Anyways, this is SO WEIRD!! A few times I'm really half awake and litterally half asleep. So, when I'm in that position my feet are usually a little bit off of my bed (I sleep with my legs off of the bed, so it may seem like more to you all. lol) and I'm like... LITTERALLY FALLING! I get freaked out and I jump up and I'm like,"Wtf? My bed." Afterwards I'd like feel to make sure I'm on my bed still.
It's cool and freaky. :D B) :o
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby anikaliki » Tue 01.23.2007 9:35 pm

I don't think It meant anything, and I know it's not going to happen. I think it was just my subconcious brain's bad interpretation of my world history class and a wwII documentary.
Last edited by anikaliki on Tue 01.23.2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally!
anikaliki

Postby hungryhotei » Tue 01.23.2007 9:37 pm

Hatori wrote:
Anyways, I wouldn't blame President Bush for the fighting. If somebody attacks your country, you just can't sit on your sweet ass and let them ride over you.

I don't want any political debate (and I certainly don't care much about US party politics), but I'd just like to say that I don't remember Iraq making any attack on the USA. I may have missed something though, so please correct me if I am wrong.
Last edited by hungryhotei on Tue 01.23.2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby Apache Dawn » Tue 01.23.2007 10:05 pm

Well, I don't want to spend this whole topic on political stuff, but we went over there with the idea to capture Osama Bin Laden. Well, with that being a very hard target, always protected and hidden in mountains he know like the back of his hand, we haven't accomplished that. Since we were already over there, we needed to see something accomplished, so we take Saddam Hussein out of power... something is now accomplished, except that we also have to replace him with a working government (that can we will have to protect for a while, keeping about 3000 people or so still stations over there, probably the active duty troops). Now we just have to see the thing through and set up the second democracy in the region besides Israel. If we pulled out as it is, some Islamic sect would take control, and it cycles again.

I also have a weird state where I am half dreaming, and I'll fall or even barely hit something and I twitch and wake up. I also gone to school with my pants off in a dream, and in it, I tell myself I will remember the next day. I usually end up forgetting my shirt. :(
Last edited by Apache Dawn on Tue 01.23.2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache Dawn

Postby chikara » Tue 01.23.2007 10:16 pm

hungryhotei wrote:
... I'd just like to say that I don't remember Iraq making any attack on the USA. I may have missed something though, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Apache Dawn wrote:
..... we went over there with the idea to capture Osama Bin Laden.......

The reason that the US forces haven't been able to capture Osama Bin Laden in Iraqi is for the very simple reason that he is in Afghanistan or in Pakistan near the Afghanistan border.

There is no evidence that Osama Bin Laden has ever even been to Iraqi.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby hungryhotei » Tue 01.23.2007 10:47 pm

Infidel wrote:
China does want to re-integrate all the rogue nations that used to be Chinese territory but are no longer.

I know about Taiwan, but which other nations are you refering to?
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby Dehitay » Wed 01.24.2007 12:22 am

I had a dream where some one told me to help a grandmother in a wheelchair. While I was pushing her to whatever room, she started whispering something so I leaned my ear in to hear what she was saying. And then she ate me

.....care to guess where that comes from?
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby Kdar » Wed 01.24.2007 12:47 am

anikaliki wrote:
I had a dream last night that China bombed the United States and took everyone as slaves. We were all seperated from our families and they put us in chains. They took over the country and the government. When we got to China they treated us very good. It was the wierdest dream I've ever had, and the only one I've ever remembered. It was so real it scared me.

too much "nuclear themed" movies? before sleep?... ehehehe..
Last edited by Kdar on Wed 01.24.2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kdar

Postby Tajoumaru » Wed 01.24.2007 1:15 am

China won't be bombing the U.S. anytime soon. It's like the mob; they don't murder someone who owes them a large amount of moolah--they either torture them a bit or kill someone close to them. By that reasoning China may end up breaking one of America's kneecaps, or possibly murdering Canada.
Tajoumaru

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 01.24.2007 11:08 am

chikara wrote:
anikaliki wrote:
Freud?

:o

I don't know what is more disturbing, your dream or the fact that you don't know who Freud is.

I would say that there are many young people that don't know who freud is. there might even be some older people that don't know who he is. His works aren't that important that going your whole life without knowing anything of him wouldn't make you a better person. I mean, the pygmies don't know him and they manage.
two_heads_talking

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic