Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The British sure know their America...

The British sure know their America...

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: The British sure know their America...

Postby datdo » Thu 02.08.2007 3:44 pm

hmmm... never heard of krystal....and I live on the east coast...
datdo

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 02.08.2007 5:55 pm

to be honest with you Datdo, I had never heard of them until last week.. i did a google search and whamo, it's the SouthEastern version of the White Castle burger.

I think there are a few Krystal stores in the North East, but most are south of Virginia.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Dehitay » Thu 02.08.2007 9:17 pm

I haven't seen a Krystal outside of Tennessee. Do you happen to know if the name of the small burgers are actually called gut bombs or is that what my dad's family named them?
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 02.09.2007 10:56 am

gut bombs, sliders, grease balls. are all pretty common names.

here we go, I found this..

1. gut bomb
A coney dog or chili dog, LOADED! Occasionally misused to also describe one of them bite sized late-night "greezy spoon" hamburgers with grilled onions, which technically is known as a "slider."

so it would seem the gut bomb is actually a Coney dog or Chili dog that is LOADED.. etc etc etc..
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Fri 02.09.2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Postby Lego » Fri 02.09.2007 11:21 am

hiraikotsu wrote:
keatonatron wrote:

And something you might not be able to see from the picture is that whenever it talked about other countries and food, it just said "food" or "dinner". America was the only one that mentioned an actual type of food (and notice instead of "a hamburger" they say "your hamburger"), so it really looks like the ONLY food in America is hamburgers. :| Hamburgers for breakfast, hamburgers for lunch, hamburgers for dinner... And everyone is just scarfing them down, all the time.

probably the result of SuperSize Me??? :D

eheh right! there was that guy that only eats bigmac, and was also talking about drinking them (he was joking of course :P )
Lego

Previous

Return to General off topic