Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Before you shoot me down.

Before you shoot me down.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Before you shoot me down.

Postby Sumi » Sat 02.10.2007 1:48 am

I can't seem to find many threads about attending a university in Japan. I really don't want to attend a traditional university. The school that I do have my sites on is 東京スクールオブミュージック&ダンス. I do know that someone here is attending a Japanese university. I forgot who though.

I am sorry for this inconvience but I do thank those that
help me with this.

-すみ
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

RE: Before you shoot me down.

Postby keatonatron » Sat 02.10.2007 3:30 am

I will be attending a 専門学校. It's a little different than a university (I guess you'd translate it as a "technical school"), although I'm pretty sure the school you're interested in is the same. What kind of information are you looking for?

P.S. "sites" are places (on the internet or in real life). "sights" are things you see with your eyes ;)
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby suhui » Sat 02.10.2007 6:34 am

What are some of the universities that are famous?

I saw in the web somedays ago on this Hitotsubashi University. The profile seems good though but I have no idea where is it.
Spoof!
suhui

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 02.10.2007 8:28 am

It's in Hitotsubashi, oddly enough. (Tokyo).

http://www.hit-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
Last edited by Mike Cash on Sat 02.10.2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby Sumi » Sat 02.10.2007 3:51 pm

keatonatron wrote:
I will be attending a 専門学校. It's a little different than a university (I guess you'd translate it as a "technical school"), although I'm pretty sure the school you're interested in is the same. What kind of information are you looking for?

P.S. "sites" are places (on the internet or in real life). "sights" are things you see with your eyes ;)

Thank you for that bit of information. I tend to get words mixed up.

First of all, I'm trying to find information on applying, interviews and such. Should I be in Japan when I apply or should I apply close to the end of my 11th grade year (I'm in the 10th grade.)

http://www.tsm.ac.jp/
This is school that I want to go to.

Keatontronさん, since you are going to attend a 専門学校, what was it like applying?
Sumi

Postby keatonatron » Sat 02.10.2007 8:09 pm

Sumi wrote:
Keatontronさん, since you are going to attend a 専門学校, what was it like applying?

I was only able to get in due to my kickass language skills ;)

If that school is the same as mine, you will have to pass at least the level 2 JLPT, and be able to chat your way through an interview. I applied while living in Japan, so I don't know what it's like applying while not living here but I know you can do that at many schools. It depends on the particular school's application process and how many foreign students they deal with.

As for when you should apply, it depends on when you want to start school. The Japanese school year starts in April. At my school, they don't even accept applications until October of the previous year. So, if you want to go after you graduate, you might have to plan on going the following year, depending on when your school finishes. (for example: if you graduate in 5/08 [random example], you will have to apply in 10/08 to start school in 4/09, so you would have almost a year of down time) Of course you should check with the school for all the important dates. Ask if they can send you an application packet, it will have all the needed information.
keatonatron

Postby Sumi » Sat 02.10.2007 11:16 pm

Keatontronさん、どうもありがとうございます!
Sumi

Postby Sumi » Sun 02.11.2007 9:37 pm

I have one more question for Keatonatron. What kind of visa did you apply for before coming to Japan. Working or student?
Sumi

Return to General off topic