Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Can someone caffinnate me?(lol)

Can someone caffinnate me?(lol)

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Can someone caffinnate me?(lol)

Postby Gan » Sat 02.24.2007 2:59 pm

Ok, yeah it's a weird title..(Caffinate?!) But what I mean is can any one explain to me this. I was in chick'fil'a once and saw only drink by the Cocacola company being sold. Except Dr.Pepper. so i thought maybe coke is owned my Cocacola until I saw Dr.Pepper in a Pepsi machine. And looking at Pictures of Japanese vending machines that sell coke I find alot of pics that also have Dr.Pepper. Where as I can't find a one picture of a Cocacola machine or irl that sells Dr.Pepper only Mr.pibb.. Sp??? Can someone explain this to me? :o
Gan

Native language: English

RE: Can someone caffinnate me?(lol)

Postby flammable hippo » Sat 02.24.2007 3:00 pm

I really have no idea what you just said.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby Gan » Sat 02.24.2007 3:05 pm

Well Mr. Flammable hippo what I'm asking is why do I see Dr. Pepper being sold in Coke machines in japanese vending machines and not american ones? Or why does chick fil a(a restruant) only sell 1 Pepsi product. And / or who owns Dr. Pepper?
Gan

Postby richvh » Sat 02.24.2007 5:20 pm

Coke owns most of the non-USA rights to the Dr. Pepper name.
According to Wikipedia:
It is notable that Dr Pepper almost became a Coca-Cola brand in the mid-to-late 1980's. Dr Pepper became insolvent in the early 1980's, prompting an investment group to take the company private. Several years later, Coca-Cola attempted to acquire Dr Pepper, but was blocked from doing so by the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Around the same time period, Seven Up was acquired from Phillip Morris by the same investment company that bailed out Dr Pepper. Upon the failure of the Coca-Cola merger, Dr Pepper and Seven Up merged (creating Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., or DPSU), giving up international branding rights in the process. After the DPSU merger, Coca-Cola obtained most non-U.S. rights to the Dr Pepper name (with PepsiCo taking the Seven Up rights).
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Return to General off topic