Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

Postby Seapony » Mon 04.02.2007 7:07 pm

PsychoSP wrote:
Seapony wrote:
Too bad you haven't apologized to her yet.

Optimistic, are we?

No, I haven't. Not on the public forum, anyway.

I've always been a half glass full type of gal. ;) Fair enough, I read you loud and clear. Not like it's ultimately our business, after all. However it is nice to know that you guys at least privately came to terms and made nice...at least that's the impression my half full glass is reflecting back to me.

You've taken my quote out of context. Re-read it, I think I've explained myself well enough there, unless I originally misunderstood your quote on weak assertions, which I don't think I have.

Only in that you've cited an instance without addressing the principle: that it's worth verifying information before misrepresenting something or someone.

Not at all. I was addressing a direct quote to a specific reference that you were making to Rykk, not making a generalisation. And again, if she implicitly believed her information was a fact from the very beginning, then why verify it before posting, see what I mean? She apparently didn't doubt it's validity (again, going on assumptions here).

On the other hand, if she had begun to debate and argue that you were totally wrong and she was right without double checking first then yes, I would agree wholeheartedly with what you're explaining. Fact is, she apparently made a simple mistake, nothing more. You corrected her and life...technically...should have moved on.

Anyhoo, it doesn't matter anymore now. You guys have resolved it for better or worse. Well, I'll assume (again) as much since she hasn't returned yet. I do want to go on record to repeat that I wasn't singling anyone out (although I admit you were one of the folks I was addressing earlier but there was no need to name names). She just seemed so flustered even when she tried to defend herself. She didn't seem to be getting anywhere when she repeatedly tried to question what she did wrong and so I interceded with my initial comments when no one else did.

Time to go back to wrapping my head around some of these lessons, so without further ado, exit, stage left. *transforms into a hot go-bot and jumps out the window* Yes, I'm out of touch, what else is new.

;)
Last edited by Seapony on Mon 04.02.2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seapony

Postby kawaiicat » Tue 04.03.2007 2:09 pm

i didn't mean to cause any other arguments, sorry. If Akiru was 10, then your way off with your accusations. I am 14 so there is kind of an age difference there. and I'd like to point out that I may act immature but that's only at night, really(when I'm really quite jumpy). thats normally when I'm on the computer. People do tell me i act abnormally mature, and quiet for my age. I mean not that that is a problem.I guess I actually have nobody to talk to, so when someone does manage to talk to me I get really excited(ever since my two best friends died, no joke) but I am really sorry if I had been annoying or immature. I'd like to make more friends, not push people away.
I'd also like to thank everyone for helping me in this thread to! so please carry on!

-(kawaiicat) :3
kawaiicat

Postby Sachi » Tue 04.03.2007 2:53 pm

Also, perhaps they are a new forum user?

TJP was the first internet discussion board I ever joined. So, let's just say that at first I wasn't the "best" user around... And yeah, I was one of the "babies" (at 12).

People aren't always just spammers. Sometimes they just don't know how things work ^^; But hey, everyone grows up *hopefully* sometime, right?
Sachi

Postby Seapony » Wed 04.04.2007 11:04 am

kawaiicat wrote:
i didn't mean to cause any other arguments, sorry. If Akiru was 10, then your way off with your accusations. I am 14 so there is kind of an age difference there. and I'd like to point out that I may act immature but that's only at night, really(when I'm really quite jumpy). thats normally when I'm on the computer. People do tell me i act abnormally mature, and quiet for my age. I mean not that that is a problem.I guess I actually have nobody to talk to, so when someone does manage to talk to me I get really excited(ever since my two best friends died, no joke) but I am really sorry if I had been annoying or immature. I'd like to make more friends, not push people away.
I'd also like to thank everyone for helping me in this thread to! so please carry on!

-(kawaiicat) :3

Don't sweat it. We weren't arguing, just having a healthy debate if even that. No harm, no foul. Because we don't see any faces on the internet, it's easy to forget that we could just as easily be conversing with a 67 year old as we could with a 7 year old. I'm not directing this to you personally, but there are different levels of maturity at play based on age, experience, environment and a slew of other factors that will bore everyone to tears. Point is, not everyone rationalizes or processes the same as the next person, so sometimes a bit of understanding and tolerance should be considered until enough facts are clear.

And don't worry about pushing anyone away. Listen, you can't make friends with everyone, that's the way of the world. So long as you're happy with yourself that's all that really matters. Friends come and go in life. I've only kept in touch with...hm...well, other than my cousin, I don't think I've kept in touch with any of my high school friends, see what I mean? I've made lots of friends since then. You will too. I'm sorry about your best friends, by the way. No one should have to go through that sort of loss at such a young age. Heck, no one should lose their life that young either. Despite it you seem to be getting along well.

So no worries, life's a continuous learning experience. I think you just learned one of those "little lessons." This forum is full of fun loving folks and the longer you hang out here the more you'll enjoy and hopefully pick up a few things along the way.

じゃ、またね。

B)
Last edited by Seapony on Wed 04.04.2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seapony

Postby Seapony » Wed 04.04.2007 11:06 am

Sachi wrote:
Also, perhaps they are a new forum user?

TJP was the first internet discussion board I ever joined. So, let's just say that at first I wasn't the "best" user around... And yeah, I was one of the "babies" (at 12).

People aren't always just spammers. Sometimes they just don't know how things work ^^; But hey, everyone grows up *hopefully* sometime, right?

I'm 36. I'm hoping I'll grow up someday myself.

:D
Seapony

Postby AJBryant » Wed 04.04.2007 12:55 pm

36?

Whippersnapper. I have ten years on ya. :)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 04.04.2007 1:47 pm

THAT'S OK TONY. 36 dog years is pretty daggone old.. (we just won't tell anyone..)
two_heads_talking

Postby Seapony » Wed 04.04.2007 1:54 pm

Are you callin' me a hound?

Seapony

Postby Seapony » Wed 04.04.2007 1:55 pm

AJBryant wrote:
36?

Whippersnapper. I have ten years on ya. :)

Tony

Hahahaha...fart. Whoops...my bad.

Last edited by Seapony on Wed 04.04.2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seapony

Postby ss » Thu 04.05.2007 7:57 am

Glad to see this matter has been satisfactorily resolved.
Thank you Seapony-san
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby kawaiicat » Thu 04.05.2007 2:00 pm

i agree you helped with most of this thread, thanx, oh, yeah I forgot to metion my best friends were my cats,should have probably told you that, but I still am very sad.
kawaiicat

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 04.05.2007 3:41 pm

Seapony wrote:
Are you callin' me a hound?

i was pointing out that 36 dog years is old.. so 46 dog years is ancient.. I don't know you to decide that question actually..

so, Tony is as old as dirt.. that is all
two_heads_talking

Postby Kisshu » Thu 04.05.2007 4:09 pm

Gah. Really. I myself am sorry for that one post I did a while back. Honestly, I was just plain crabby and wrongly assumed that you were the same person who has been taking advantage of people on here. And I got mad. I feel really horrible about it and I hope that the rest of the people treat you well on here. I know I will try my best from now on, mk? ;) Again, I'm sorry for my unfair crabbiness and accusations. I hope you can forgive me and anyone else on here who has also wrongly accused you :D
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby AJBryant » Thu 04.05.2007 4:09 pm

so, Tony is as old as dirt.. that is all

My first pet was a trilobite.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 04.05.2007 4:48 pm

a better pet is not to be found on this earth.. :)
two_heads_talking

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic