Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Weird Dreams

Weird Dreams

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Weird Dreams

Postby Kisshu » Tue 04.03.2007 11:10 pm

Ok... i just felt like asking this, but what are some of the weirdest dreams you have ever had?

Lol.. like 5 years ago, I dreamt I was a princess with my mom being the queen (i have no idea where my dad was). My mom was kidnapped by my uncle who had turned evil and had also grown a curly mustache. O_O

I found this magical stone which made me fly, flew into the huuuge dining room which was filled with evil guards and started hanging them from the chandeliers.

Then I woke up, went back to sleep, and had the second part of the dream. Me and my mom had somehow gotten away and were driving (yes, driving even tho its mideval times) and we saw some poor kid being abused in the back of a truck in front of us. So i climed on top of our van, and then jumped across into the truck.

Then both me and my mom got promtly kidnapped and taken to Mcdonalds. Then one of the old men kidnappers bought us happy meals, and I said I was going to go refill my orange drink and he was like "Ok, baby.." and I freaked out, ran out of McDonalds, and even tho I had lost my magical flying stone, I still had some of the effects and started to fly across the highway. Halfway across, I started to sink right in front of a car. And then I woke up.

Lol.. I had that dream when I was 10... and I still remember it clearly.. so bizarre... lol the other night i dreamt that my gramma bought me some pink hair dye from the goodwill thrift store and was forcing me to use it when I was explaining that I already had enough hair dye and don't want to try some from goodwill lol..

Anyway, what are yours?
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

RE: Weird Dreams

Postby Hatori » Tue 04.03.2007 11:27 pm

I had a dream a few days ago that I was Nana Komatsu from the manga Nana. Then I went to a Blast and Trapnest combo concert and then, I went to meet up with Nana O. and then, I saw Takumi, and Nana K. and Takumi are lover people with a weird sort of love. And then, we were on our way to a hotel, but then my Nana K. guilt came in and I'm like,"STOP! NOBU!!!!!"
I then started to cry because Nobu loves Nana K. and then Nana K. feels like a hoe (take away the E) sleeping with Takumi because she's not sure if she's in love with him for his fame or his real self or if he's duping her. But Nobu truly loves Nana and confesses it in the book.
After we stopped going to the hotel we then went to hang out with Yasu and Nana O. Then Nana O.'s like," Screw you, I'm gonna go out with Ren! BUA AH HAHAH!" After that she ditches us.
Then, continuing my dream I was like a different person on this Disney Channel Special Movie and then, I was trying to get something out of a cruise ship's engine room areas and stuff with all of these corny kids.
I woke up thinking," WTF?! Why can't I still be in the Nana world??"
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Infidel » Wed 04.04.2007 8:16 pm

Dudes. I think this falls under the "we don't want to know how your socks smell."
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Seapony » Wed 04.04.2007 10:54 pm

Okay, those dreams definitely fall under weird, haha.

The most I can remember from last night's dream was that the ceiling started leaking. First a drop or two over my bed, then a trickle. Before I knew it, the entire ceiling was pretty much raining. I was sure we were going to have a mass cave-in when I woke up. I guess the weird part was the fact that when I awoke I wasn't sure if I was still dreaming or not so I started checking around for water damage.

:D
Last edited by Seapony on Wed 04.04.2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seapony

Postby enpitsu00 » Wed 04.04.2007 11:04 pm

Last edited by enpitsu00 on Mon 07.11.2011 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enpitsu00

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 04.04.2007 11:26 pm

A while ago, when I used to be into Japanese Visual Kei Rock, I had a dream that Miku from An Cafe was killing me. It was quite creepy, actually.

I love having dreams in Japanese, though. A few times I've dreamt I was on Hey!Hey!Hey!, and I was talking Japanese to Hamada and Matsumoto. I can't remember any of the actual conversation, just that it was in Japanese.

I so wish that one would come true xD
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Takeo Saeki » Sat 04.14.2007 1:41 pm

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I was in public school (i'm homeschooled in real life) and my class was all sent to an island to kill each other off. I can't remember a lot of what happened in the dream, but I definitely remember students killing each other. I think it's safe to say that i've watched the movie "Battle Royale" a few too many times. :o
Last edited by Takeo Saeki on Sat 04.14.2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takeo Saeki

Postby Kisshu » Sat 04.14.2007 3:04 pm

Lol.. i had a dream the other night that Jun Mtsumoto became my boyfirend.. but was moving to England... lol.. and we were talking in Japanese.. XDDD so fun. and then I gotta hug him <3<3<3
ラブラブ!!<3
Kisshu

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 04.14.2007 9:10 pm

So what happened to the Happy Meal?
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby HeyItsMatt » Sat 04.14.2007 9:33 pm

I once had a dream where I was floating around in some dungeon, and found a large Scottish guy with a kilt (kind of resembling Willy from the Simpsons) and the devil wrestling with each other. The Scottish guy got the devil in a headlock, leaned him over, yelled "for Scotland!" really loud, and then gouged the devil's eye in.

I had another dream where I was Jewish during World War II. Me and a friend were in some bombed out town running from Nazis. For some reason we were also giving random children bread; we found a few children hiding in a ruined house and gave them bread, and then started running after some Nazis spotted us. I hid behind a wrecked car on a sandy embankment, and my friend kept running only to be caught by the Nazis. For some inexplicable reason one of the Nazis was Will Ferrel (maybe I had seen a Producers preview recently?). His accent was really fake and laughable, but then he shot my friend. I remember being weirded out by that one because it was really tragic and inappropriately funny at the same time.

Let's see, there's a dream I've had several times where I am in a field on a farm somewhere. There's a big barn ahead of me and a scaffolding jutting out from it, like some kind of extension being built. It's sunset and I can see the silhouette of a girl standing on the scaffolding, and for some reason I know she's going to jump off so I try to run towards her and stop her. The undergrowth in the field keeps tangling me up and slowing me down, and she jumps off and (I know this in the dream at least) dies. This one's always a downer when I wake up.

I usually don't remember my dreams, but the ones I do remember are pretty strange. I guess that's the nature of dreams though.
-Matt
HeyItsMatt

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Sat 04.14.2007 10:02 pm

Kisshu wrote:
Lol.. i had a dream the other night that Jun Mtsumoto became my boyfirend.. but was moving to England... lol.. and we were talking in Japanese.. XDDD so fun. and then I gotta hug him <3<3<3

Hey, Matsu-Jun is mine! xD
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby skrhgh3b » Sat 04.14.2007 11:57 pm

i recently dreamed that i was walking the streets of tokyo with a japanese friend when i realized i still needed to exchange my dollars for yen, so i said to her, "ねぇ、銀行に行こう." but she just stared at me with a bewildered look on her face. so i repeated myself. "銀行に行こう!" no luck this time either. "銀行に行こう!ぎ・ん・こ・う・に・い・こ・う!" but no matter how many times i repeated myself, she couldn't understand a word i was saying, and the people walking by us started laughing at me. ugh, what a nightmare.
yes, apparently i'm that insecure about my japanese accent. i don't have so much trouble with the pronunciation, but the whole pitch-accent thing is usually lost on me, and i'm becoming more and more conscious of how foreign-sounding my accent is because of it (泣)
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Postby Kisshu » Sun 04.15.2007 12:31 am

Mike Cash wrote:
So what happened to the Happy Meal?

You must have eaten it.

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
Kisshu wrote:

Hey, Matsu-Jun is mine! xD

LOL i dibs him first... you have whoever that dude in your picture is. roar.
ラブラブ!!<3
Kisshu

RE: 銀行に行こう

Postby coco » Sun 04.15.2007 2:33 am

skrhgh3b-san.

言われてみたら確かに「銀行に行こう! 」って結黒キき取りにくいし、
繰り返すと、言うのもどんどん難しくなってきます。 :D
ni と i がつくっついて「(銀行)ニコー」のようになる上、
「こう」が重なるからかな…。
「高校に行こう!」
「ハチ公に行こう!」
「横浜港に行こう!」

「こう」の高低も関係しているのかもしれません。
Last edited by coco on Sun 04.15.2007 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Teh_Freak » Sun 04.15.2007 2:53 am

The weirdest dream I've had involved me waking up on my couch. Everything was in a green tint and there were these Wal-Mart style smiley faces on the windows, then I saw my dad come down the stairs in a greenish-gray business suit (odd, seeing as how he is in the Army).

The thing that weirded me out the most was the fact that I thought I woke up, only to actually wake up later (one of those "dream in a dream" dreams). Eugh, I think I just confused myself a bit.
リモコンがどこに置きましたか?
Teh_Freak

Next

Return to General off topic