Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - and now a morbid question..

and now a morbid question..

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

and now a morbid question..

Postby Hijiku » Tue 06.05.2007 5:56 pm

If given the choice, how and when would you wish to die? you can't say never, and please don't be smartasses, ok people? your answer could say more about you than you think.

the answer people give to this question can unknowingly tell a lot about a person. what exactly that is, varies from person to person. for example:

I would like to die in my sleep, after living for 80 years. to die sleeping is widely known to be the most peaceful and painless of ways to die, and at 80 years old, I would hopefully will have lived a full life and have learned everything i want to know. thus, i have no questions, no doubts, and no regrets.

i realize i'm about to get a whole helluva lot of pissed off people for posting this, but know you don't have to answer. please send all your angry messages directly to me.

All due Respect,

*~Hij~*
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

RE: and now a morbid question..

Postby Sumi » Tue 06.05.2007 6:24 pm

Hey, I'm not mad about this question. Its a break from talking about the grammatical structures and kanji of the Japanese language (I haven't been here in awhile though).

Hmm.. Let's see how I would want to die. Definitely in my sleep, I can't tolerate pain to a certain point. I would also like to live a long life. You know build up stories for the grandchildren.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby AJBryant » Tue 06.05.2007 6:33 pm

Ya know, there's off topic, and then there's OFF TOPIC.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby aKuMu » Tue 06.05.2007 6:57 pm

Erm, who wouldn't want to die a peaceful death while asleep?
Anyone would like to die a horrible painful death? Bleeding to death? Burn? Drown?

Oh... maybe one of these emo kids would... but cry when it's time to...
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby Dehitay » Tue 06.05.2007 7:55 pm

aKuMu wrote:
Anyone would like to die a horrible painful death? Bleeding to death? Burn? Drown?

Damn, did I become an emo kid without intending? >=P

Personally, I think it would be awesome to die as some incredibly old guy who got into a fight with a criminal. Even better if I win though with the cost of my life.

Some crazy old guy got into a fight with a gunman. Police managed to disarm the gunman but not before the man was fatally injured.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 06.05.2007 9:12 pm

i would die defending the rights that I believe in. I joined the army to defend those rights and would lay my life down to defend them. of course, that said, i would make alot of others die trying to rob me of my rights..
two_heads_talking

Postby Hao » Tue 06.05.2007 9:27 pm

aKuMu wrote:

Actually bleeding to death isn't as bad as people might think. All that happens is that you will slowly lose consciousness until you fall asleep and then die without noticing.
Drowning is death as caused by suffocation due to the liquids causing interruption of the body's absorption of oxygen leading to asphyxia. When water enter the victim airway he will try to either cough it out or swallow which will result in the victim inhaling more water. Once the water has enter the airway, the victims will experience laryngospasm which will constrict and seal the air tube to prevent water from entering the lungs. However, this will interfere with air entering the lungs and bringing oxygen to the other parts of the body. The brain will undergo hypoxia and render the victim unconscious (at this point it is the same as dying in your sleep). Since the brain can survive for a very limited amount of time without oxygen, the brains cell will start to deteriorate and causing brain damage and eventual brain death. In other cases the heart give up first but in both cases you won't notice this since you will be unconscious.

Once I have master everything I want and accomplish everything I desire I would like to die an honorable death by taking down all of my enemies. B)
Distortion upon distortion: . . . the more one uses the mind, the more confused one becomes.
Hao

Postby HeyItsMatt » Tue 06.05.2007 10:40 pm

Hijiku wrote:
If given the choice, how and when would you wish to die? you can't say never, and please don't be smartasses, ok people? your answer could say more about you than you think.

the answer people give to this question can unknowingly tell a lot about a person. what exactly that is, varies from person to person. for example:

I would like to die in my sleep, after living for 80 years. to die sleeping is widely known to be the most peaceful and painless of ways to die, and at 80 years old, I would hopefully will have lived a full life and have learned everything i want to know. thus, i have no questions, no doubts, and no regrets.

i realize i'm about to get a whole helluva lot of pissed off people for posting this, but know you don't have to answer. please send all your angry messages directly to me.

All due Respect,

*~Hij~*

I don't really care how I die as long as it's not particularly painful or embarrassing. (For instance, death in the bathroom would definitely not be optimal). However, I hope that I die after having achieved something that will outlast my own life or make a difference beyond my own life... hopefully something that will make other people happier in some way.

Unfortunately I think I'm still a bit too self-centered and confused to have made much progress on that yet. I guess that's probably the case with most people in their 20's though. See how I just deflected responsibility onto my age group instead of myself... go me!
-Matt
HeyItsMatt

Postby punkgrl326 » Tue 06.05.2007 11:24 pm

Hmm, for those saying they want to die peacefully in their sleep, who would know if such a death is even peaceful? Who knows? You might wake up from your dream in agonizing pain (since your body's dying after all) and might have to endure that pain until you draw your final breath :o If it were up to me, I would die the quickest and most fastest way possible, no matter how bloody it ends up being...although I'd prefer it if it weren't bloody...
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby lalaith » Wed 06.06.2007 12:27 am

There are those who say "Live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse." I'm not one of them.

Nor am I Gil Grissom from "CSI" who wants to die from cancer or some process with enough warning so he can say his goodbyes and close out his life.

Drowning is not an easy way to go from the accounts I've read of near-drowning victims.

For those of you who want a quick, non-natural way of dying I suggest you enter an enclosed vessel with a nitrogen atmosphere. From the "confined space entry" training I was required to take, entering a 100% nitrogen atmosphere causes instant unconsciousness with your first breath so you don't notice your death a few minutes later.

For me, I plan on breaking every age record of the previous generations in my family -- I figure if my fat Irish grandmother made to 83 with her diet and never exercising, I can make it to 90+. However, I want them to be healthy, active, useful years. Then I want to die in my sleep. Based on the expressions of the people I know who have died this way, it's a very peaceful way to go. You can be having a massive heart attack, but apparently you don't feel a thing.

It's not an original plan. But there are good reasons why it's a popular one.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to help
(")_(") him gain world domination.
lalaith

Postby b4d0m3n » Wed 06.06.2007 2:08 am

AJBryant wrote:
Ya know, there's off topic, and then there's OFF TOPIC.

Tony

No there isn't. There's only 'Off Topic'.
b4d0m3n

Postby a_iwai » Wed 06.06.2007 2:30 am

大往生
"A peaceful death"

天寿を全うする
"Accomplishing a natural life span"

I believe that most Japanese people are thinking so.
a_iwai

Postby SenescenceReign » Thu 06.07.2007 3:00 am

[center]Bleeding to death is in every way as bad as you would think. Due to the fact that if you bleed to death quickly, it's from some horrible wound that will definitely cause pain. Now, assuming tht the wound is internal or, for some other reason, painless, well...

I apologize in advance for my morbid answer to this morbid question. :(

First you have to take into account the fluid retention. Even extremely large doses of water pills, or even taking lasiks will keep you water heavy and make your restroom visits frequent. Secondly, the blood loss, slow as it may be, will cause dizziness, naseau, lack of appetite, fatigue that no amount of sleep can ease. Even once you get into the lower levels of blood, it doesn't knock you out as many people think. The human body is extremely resilient and will continue trying to survive even as your organs fail from blood loss. What will kill you isn't the lack of oxygen to your brain; the lack of oxygen will actually allow you to live as a mindless zombie with only brief moments of clarity now and then. What will kill you is the inevitable heart attack.

Personally, I intend to go over a very large cliff in a very fast car. I want to know what it's like to fly before I end.

This concludes the most disturbing and morbid thing I have ever written on the internet.[/center]
SenescenceReign

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Thu 06.07.2007 4:20 am

Actually, a few nights ago I had a dream that a certain celebrity guy stabbed me while we were... uh.. alone, and stuff xD

It actually didn't seem like such a bad idea ^_^''
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby tanuki » Thu 06.07.2007 4:37 am

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
Actually, a few nights ago I had a dream that a certain celebrity guy stabbed me while we were... uh.. alone, and stuff xD

What did he stab you with?
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Next

Return to General off topic