Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Height?

Height?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Height?

Postby Kisshu » Wed 06.20.2007 9:07 pm

Haaah.... i was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this topic....

Guys.... what would you think if your girlfriend was taller than you? Would you be bothered by it?

Similar question to girls... does it bother you if your boyfriend is shorter than you?

Just randomly popped into my head. Many guys I know (I haven't been allowed to date yet) are quite a bit shorter than me. Lawl.. I'm a tall chick. I guess for me, my opinion is that it wouldn't bug me if they were a tad shorter than me, but if they were a lot shorter, i think it would bother me. I mean obviously, if he had a great personality, I am sure I would get over it, but initially it would for sure make me feel awkward.... I know I will have this problem in Japan XD

What do you guys think?
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

RE: Height?

Postby SenescenceReign » Wed 06.20.2007 9:56 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a short little man. But a tall tall man... Well, the last man I dated was 6'3. I'm 5'6. It was pretty uncomfortable just walking side by side; I had a constant crick in my neck!
/relurk
SenescenceReign

Postby hopu-chan » Wed 06.20.2007 10:13 pm

I don't care at all.All the guys in my class are short...Hopefuly a growth spurt will take place this summer! :D
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
hopu-chan

Postby Birds_Fly_to_the_Moon » Thu 06.21.2007 12:13 am

i am not sure, i would will uncomfortable if they were shorter than me but uncomfortable if they were much taller than me ...( like half a foot taller)
i am not able to date any way :)
Birds_Fly_to_the_Moon

Postby Hatori » Thu 06.21.2007 12:19 am

Either wasy, I'm bothered if I had a boyfriend taller than me and shorter than me.

As I've grown up, I've ALWAYS been taller than all of the boys and girls. Now the guys are catching up to me and now I feel inferior. lol. And if a guy is shorter than me, they seem like pansies. lol. I'd rather date a guy taller than me, though. XD :p
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby trabia-wind » Thu 06.21.2007 12:57 am

i would definitely feel weird if they were shorter than me.. but only because i'm like 5'1" >_< slightly shorter seems ok as long as you don't really have to look down right? and taller is fine even like 7-8" taller (like most of my guy friends..) i don't really notice.
trabia-wind

Postby ruisu81 » Thu 06.21.2007 1:09 am

My first GF was taller than me...but she was taller than EVERYONE. Lol...didn't bother me back then. I only grew to 175cm :( so dating someone over 182cm could have it's awkward moments. I wouldn't discriminate though!

Edit: I say only because my mom was 180cm. Oh wait, there ya go...my dad's only 165cm.
Last edited by ruisu81 on Thu 06.21.2007 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruisu81

Postby Kisshu » Thu 06.21.2007 1:22 am

Lol... I am 5'10" so there are plenty of guys taller than me, but also plenty of guys shorter than me
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby Kashin » Thu 06.21.2007 2:58 am

Being 6' - 6'1", I've always had a shorter than me girlfriend. I always like a girl to be shorter than me. Not too much shorter, but at least to my shoulder. It does get difficult when trying to display affection, somebody always has to stretch or bend. But hey i've been single for 2 years so I really don't care that much.

I would never want a girl to be taller, not only that but since i'm already tall, they would have to be pretty tall to beat me.

here's another question: Guys do you prefer a girl to be lighter than you? Girls do you prefer a guy to be heavier than you?

Again my answer is i'd prefer a lighter girl. I'm only 145lbs so i'm already insecure about being skinny. I wouldn't want a girl to weigh more than me, whether it's muscle or fat or whathaveyou. And I can barely lift my own body weight I need to be able to pick up my girlfriend or wife too!
What good is a farmer who tills the soil, but forgets the seed?

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby trabia-wind » Thu 06.21.2007 3:07 am

i think most girls would prefer a heavier guy.. i don't know a single guy my age (16) who's lighter than i am. even the thinnest guy i know (he looks pretty thin too, but has ok muscle) is like 120. lighter than that would be kinda unnatural.

i don't think you need to be insecure about being 145. though you're pretty tall, it still seems an ok weight to me, maybe a little on the light side.
trabia-wind

Postby hopu-chan » Thu 06.21.2007 3:54 am

I don't give a care if the guy weighs 190 or 45... ;)(a little unrealistic on the 45 part).
The one guy I really like weighs about 90 pounds...but his humor makes up for it! :D
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
hopu-chan

Postby inuinu » Thu 06.21.2007 11:28 am

I don't care at all.
But if too short or too tall.
I might hesitate only a little... ;)

少しオフ・トピックだけど
身長差のある恋人(男性が低身長・女性が高身長)が主題の
漫画を思い出したので挙げておきます。OPさんは漫画とか好きそうなので。

ラブ★コン (最近の漫画(アニメあり))
The かぼちゃワイン (20年くらい前の漫画(アニメあり))

このふたつで、時代の差を読み比べてみるのも面白いかもしれません。
見る機会があったら、どうぞ〜。
tasukeru kotoga dekiru nara
tasuketai to omou.
dakedo eigo ha nigate.
inuinu

Postby Dehitay » Thu 06.21.2007 12:43 pm

I guess if I had to choose, I'd probly prefer a shorter girl. Smaller things have a tendency to be cuter. But do to my personal history with tall girls, I tend to like them a lot simply because any girl taller than me (180cm) has always been incredibly athletic. Since I'm athletic myself, that blends well.

As for weight, I just want them to be healthy (I have a real preference for athletic girls). I'm capable of carrying 250 pounds without straining myself.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 06.21.2007 2:33 pm

well dehitay, a 250 lb girl is a healthy girl.. no doubt about that.
two_heads_talking

Postby SenescenceReign » Thu 06.21.2007 4:09 pm

Now that I think about it, I guess it all depends on the age of the OP. After all, for a while there in the early teens, most girls are taller than most boys.

As for the weight thing. There are a lot of good reasons for the boy to be larger than the girl. Still, there are always going to be exceptions to the rule! There would have to be! Some of us automatically have the disadvantage!
/relurk
SenescenceReign

Next

Return to General off topic