Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JET essay critque request

JET essay critque request

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

JET essay critque request

Postby Dehitay » Fri 11.02.2007 4:52 pm

I have just finished a rough draft of my Statement of Purpose for the JET application this year. If there is anybody would like to look it over for me and give me advice on what to change, please PM me or post in this thread saying so. I'm hoping there's a bored English teacher or nostaligic JET alumni hiding around who wants to help me. I'll PM anyone who wants to help the specifications laid out on the JET website and my rough draft.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

RE: JET essay critque request

Postby Igirisu_gaz » Fri 11.02.2007 7:14 pm

Happy to have a look through it if you like - I still have mine somewhere I think also.
何でやねん?
Igirisu_gaz

Postby spinizuey » Sat 12.01.2007 12:44 pm

Did you get it in on time? I struggled with my statement of purpose too... but a few people read it and said it was good.

Now the waiting part...
~~~~~~~
Spinizuey
(Kanji as of 10-28-07: 60)
spinizuey

Postby Dehitay » Mon 12.03.2007 6:27 pm

spinizuey wrote:
Did you get it in on time? I struggled with my statement of purpose too... but a few people read it and said it was good.

Now the waiting part...

sadly, things didn't work out for me with the mailing. I actually had the application ready on Thursday night but the post offices were already closed. Since my day was crammed with classes, work, and study groups on Friday, I decided I would just overnight it on Saturday. Then I figure out that Lubbock for some screwed up reason doesn't have post offices open on Saturday. My application is currently estimated to get there on the 6th which is 3 days after the due date. I'm just hoping there's some small chance they'll send me some form saying they received my application after the deadline and they will process it for a massive fee.

With JET's deadline passed and NOVA disappearing, I'll have to look elsewhere now. I forgot what the other 2 major companies were for this kind of think. I think one was Eikawa or something similar.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Return to General off topic