Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Spore Creature Creator

Spore Creature Creator

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Spore Creature Creator

Postby Sairana » Sun 07.06.2008 4:58 am

So, anyone here have an interest in Spore? The game isn't out yet, but you can get the Creature Creator now via download.

There's a free version of the CC, which has a limited selection of creature parts for you to use. There's no time limit or number of creatures you can create with it. For $10 (USD) you can get the full version with all the parts unlocked.

You'll be able to use any creatures you make in the game itself when it's released in September. In the meantime, users can share their creations, take pictures of them (can even include an alpha layer so you can use the images in other things), and create videos of them and upload them to youtube from within the game. :P

I made a Unicorn... you can see it here (youtube link). Its legs are a little wonky, but overall I'm pretty proud of it. :P It's made with the $10 version.

Sorry if I sound like an ad for the game.... I was just hoping some of you folks had creatures to share! :)
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Re: Spore Creature Creator

Postby yukamina » Sun 07.06.2008 2:27 pm

Neat ^_^ I looked this game up briefly when I was looking up games with artificial intelligence one time. I didn't quite realize it hasn't been released yet. Maybe I'll get it when it does come out...
yukamina

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 07.09.2008 3:36 pm

I have been waiting nearly 3 years for it.. Too bad it has taken so long for release, as the desire to buy it isn't as high as it was before.. I will still get it, but I might wait until it hits the xbox360 as it's rumoured to ..

your unicorn looks nice, but the front legs bend the wrong way..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Sairana » Wed 07.09.2008 5:51 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:your unicorn looks nice, but the front legs bend the wrong way..

Ooh, indeed they do. Don't know why I couldn't put my finger on why they looked weird. Making them bend the right way is a simple matter of adjusting the joint forward. :) Hooray
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.10.2008 11:14 am

yep, post up the fix if you get a chance.. I am waiting for anew harddrive, so when I get it, I will post up some of my critters.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Return to Games