Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - ヘイロー3

ヘイロー3

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

ヘイロー3

Postby Disco » Sat 04.25.2009 3:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6un4PsGe_6Y
Halo 3 with all the audio in Japanese.
Where can I get my hands on this? And can it play on an American console?
我輩はただの英国紳士でございます
Disco

Native language: English

Re: ヘイロー3

Postby Sairana » Sat 04.25.2009 3:35 pm

Home consoles are region locked, like DVD players.

I'm 99.5% sure you'd have to mod your Xbox to play imports, which voids your warranty and can have adverse effects on your system if done incorrectly (and sometimes, even if done correctly).
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sat 04.25.2009 3:41 pm

Actually to play import 360 games you have to buy a Japanese 360. So far the only mods that exist for the 360 allow you to play burned games, but they don't break the region encoding.

The PS3 allows you to play Japanese PS3 games (but not PS2), and all the portable gaming systems are region-free.

If you want to buy Japanese games, e-bay is a good resource. There are also import game websites like play-asia.com and ncsx.com. I buy the majority of my JP games from e-bay; the only time I use play-asia is when I want to get a game as soon as it comes out.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby Disco » Sat 04.25.2009 4:08 pm

SO, is there a Japanese audio NTSC-U version, similar to Halo 3 en espanol, or is it just the NTSC J version exclusive to japanese xbox 360? There was a comment on playasia.com saying,
"Great Price for a good game!
My console is NTSC-U/C, and this game work perfectly. when I start the first time, I have to download a update, and downloaded a subtitle and multiplayer voice of my country. It´s perfectly for me, I recommend because it´s a great game and the price is a goodness."
. So CAN it be played on an American console? ( not to contradict you YudanTaiteki * [油断大敵?{careless enemy?}])
我輩はただの英国紳士でございます
Disco

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sat 04.25.2009 4:12 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure. A better place to ask would be the GameFAQs board for the game, I think.

油断大敵 【ゆだんたいてき】 (exp) Unpreparedness is one's greatest enemy, He that is too secure is not safe
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby Disco » Sat 04.25.2009 4:30 pm

http://kotaku.com/gaming/confirmed/japa ... 304698.php

Well there I go- my question has been answered. You CAN play Halo 3 Japanese Version on an American console.
I hope ODST can as well.
我輩はただの英国紳士でございます
Disco

Postby Sairana » Sat 04.25.2009 8:06 pm

When did they stop region locking consoles? I knew handhelds are often region free (especially Nintendo ones). I'd have thought M$ especially would be extra careful to make their games region locked.

Well it's a good trend, so I'm not complaining. I'm a little disheartened that I'm not quite as up on hardware news as I used to be. Sigh.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Harisenbon » Sun 04.26.2009 12:36 am

Sairana wrote:When did they stop region locking consoles? I knew handhelds are often region free (especially Nintendo ones). I'd have thought M$ especially would be extra careful to make their games region locked.

Well it's a good trend, so I'm not complaining. I'm a little disheartened that I'm not quite as up on hardware news as I used to be. Sigh.

When they realized that it's not stopping anyone from importing, I assume?
One of the major legal reasons for modding a console is to play imports. If the console can play imports out of the box, one less legal leg for modding to stand on?

In any case, the PS3 is fully region free (for PS3 games), the Wii is NOT region free, and the XBOX360 is SELECTIVELY region-free (depends on the game).

The DS and PSP are region free (for games) but apparently the DSi is region-locked for DSi games (or download games, I'm not sure which since I don't own one).
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Disco » Sun 04.26.2009 12:48 pm

Yeah the xbox 360 is selectively region free.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox ... 49-en.html
there's a list.
我輩はただの英国紳士でございます
Disco

Return to Games