Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - best ps2 game ever

best ps2 game ever

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Re: best ps2 game ever

Postby Namsuke » Thu 10.14.2010 11:15 pm

Best PlayStation 2 Game? I guess I'd have to say the Shin Megami Tensei series, specially Persona 4... And I love the way the characters shoot their heads everytime they fight in Persona 3. :P

Either that or between Disgaea and Soul Nomad & The World Eaters.
Namsuke

Native language: Spanish/English

Re: best ps2 game ever

Postby micahcowan » Mon 10.18.2010 2:17 am

I think it's funny that most of the games for the PS3 that I'm really looking forward to seeing in the next year, are PS3 ports of some of my favorite PS2 games (including ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, which are probably my very favorite games for the PS2). The Team ICO games are apparently going to have 3D support, too, and I actually do have a 3D TV, so I'm really looking forward to seeing Shadow of the Colossus in 3D. :)

The Sly Cooper collection (all three PS2 Sly Cooper games for PS3) is coming out next month, and Sly 3 is in 3D (though I doubt it makes a huge difference for that particular game - I've seen 3D demo footage of it, and wasn't particularly impressed).

The only other PS3 game I can think of that I'm dying to see, is the newest Team ICO game, The Last Guardian. In the meantime, "Kirby's Epic Yarn" for the Wii (off-topic, I know) arrives on my porch tomorrow, so that'll make a fine diversion. Seems like all the games I spend more than a year anxiously awaiting for arrival on the PS3 (like "Heavy Rain" or "Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands"), are all around 10 hours or less of gameplay... not really worth the wait. Seems like a large number of my all-time favorite games are still the PS2 ones (and a couple from PS1, like "Abe's Oddysee" or "Soul Reaver").
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Previous

Return to Games