Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Guitar Hero

Postby Hijiku » Fri 11.09.2007 11:18 am

am i the only person who finds this game COMPLETELY boreing? i traded in my copy of GH3 after i had beat Through the Fire and the Flames on expert missing only 12 notes.(dont believe me? i put it on YouTube)

you would think they would have a few more good songs than what they had, like Master Of Puppets, or Dark Days, or Enter Sandman.

what songs would YOU like to see on the next Guitar Hero?
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

RE: Guitar Hero

Postby Noob » Fri 11.09.2007 1:00 pm

I'll play GH just to take a break from studying, but i'm not so good at it. I can beat it on medium, but hard is well, hard. I still like it though. To each thier own i guess.
Noob

Postby Hijiku » Mon 11.12.2007 6:22 pm

heh, i guess you're right. at first i was an avid player, but after a while, like most things it gets boreing, ya know?

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Postby Tspoonami » Mon 11.12.2007 6:54 pm

Either you have ridiculously fast eye-hand coordination, allowing you to easily play through Guitar Hero, or you have gotten bored of a game that has sucked up hours of your life that you are finally over, which is something that happens with most things except for drugs, sex, and alcohol. And the Internet.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Simon86 » Mon 11.12.2007 8:06 pm

Tried the demo on easy mode and i failed...

I play a real guitar anyway so whatever ;)
Simon86

Postby Hijiku » Tue 11.13.2007 10:53 am

well, after dropping the game, i went out and bought a Gibson guitar, and tried it out. im slowly learning. any tips Simon?

oh, and Tspoonami, fast hand eye cordination? imagine if you will, 10-20 notes per second. thats wat i was hitting on expert. ;) but yeah, i kinda realized i was wasting away on video games. XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Postby Simon86 » Tue 11.13.2007 12:15 pm

Good on ya mate. When i first started out, i just practised learning to play basic cords like E, A and D.

I think the very first song i learnt to play was Knocking on Heavens door. Then i would Jam with friends to anything easy enough at the time, Blink182 songs, Greenday.
Now i like to play a variety of stuff from bands like My Chemical Romance - Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Trivium - System of a Down. Anything really... Or older music like Queen and The Eagles. Or i just make my own stuff up, i'm terrible at writing lyrics though...
And if you practise enough, it won't take you long to pull of learning Eruption by Van Halen... (don't actually attempt this)

But start out learning basic cords, you need to get used to fingering... (interesting word isn't it ;)) and by God those fingers are gona feel some pain!

These days i play mostly acoustic... The Kooks rule!
Simon86

Postby Hijiku » Tue 11.13.2007 4:37 pm

Trivium rules, finally someone else who listens to them!

i believe the only song i can play all the way through is Smoke on the Water, but then again, who dosent know how to play that? i got the chords down, i just need to practice the power chords, those are tough.

ah ha, yeah, im sure i wont be able to play Eruption any time soon. but a buddy of mine is a freak with his Ibenez EX, he can play the intro to "Through the Fire and the Flames" by DragonForce WITHOUT STRUMMING. O____O now THAT deserves respect, ya?

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Postby Noob » Tue 11.13.2007 7:25 pm

Don't forget to practice your scales. Scales, scales, and more scales.I don't remember any of them, but they are important to practice. I'ts been 15 years since i sold off my ol Les Paul imitation Washburn.
Sounds funny, but it was a really nice guitar. I just don't have the fingers for it, or, Guitar Hero it seems.
Noob

Postby Hatori » Tue 11.13.2007 10:01 pm

I really want to get the new GH, but I don't have the cash. My older brother plays it whenever he has the time and we verse eachother on expert and end up fighting in the end... LOL. It's fun, but I spend time on other games. I love playing on expert and I masted three songs on GH2.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby saraLynne » Wed 11.14.2007 2:47 am

I like Guitar Hero because it's like an interactive CD. I've at least passed every song on expert (some barely) in the first two... will be getting GH3 and GH2:80's for the for Christmas.... for my kids... yeah... ^_^

That's the short version.

Longer:

I love music. Guitar Hero lures me in with a small but solid set of old favorites, then offers me samplings of many other genres I would not normally give a second glance. I've even gained a curious appreciation for the melodic genius of genres I typically hate (if only the guy screaming over the top would stfu).

I find it very hard to understand the mentality of someone who would play a "boring" game enough to become good at the toughest song on it (Lookin' at you, Hijiku! :P ) Surely it had to be fun at SOME point?

EDIT: PS, I couldn't find your youtube video. The only person I could find that made it all the way through TF&F on expert there was "The Great Conrad" and he missed a lot more than 12 notes. ^_^
Last edited by saraLynne on Wed 11.14.2007 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
saraLynne

Postby Hijiku » Wed 11.14.2007 11:25 am

saraLynne>> you know, i was just looking for it on YouTube and I couldn't find it either! now im pissed, i sent an E-mail to one of the site moderators/owners (who ever runs the site) asking them wat the deal is. i dont think i'll be getting a reply anytime soon...

oh and btw, it was boreing AFTER i beat TF&F, not before. after i mostly mastered the song, i saw no more point in keeping it any longer. call me crazy, call me stupid, i really don't care. :D that's my motto, "I don't F***ing care!"

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Return to Games