Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Wii V.S 360

Wii V.S 360

Discuss games, Japanese as well as non-Japanese.

Wii V.S 360

Postby kanadajin » Tue 11.27.2007 7:32 pm

To me it was a pretty clear decision, I was going to get the 360.
Then two weeks ago? I was at a friends and he bought a Wii.
I played some tenis, boxing and super mario party 8.
It was okay I had fun with the tenis and I still thought I wanted a 360.
But I told him he should buy Zelda: twilight princess and then the next week I saw him he did buy it.
I played it and had a LOT of fun. I've always been a nintendo fan but Microsoft & Sony seem to be advancing much quicker.
Besides the point, a lot of my friends say "yeah, Wii is fun at first but then it gets boring."
I understand why they say that, but every game becomes boring after a while(most, anyway). It's not like theres only 1 game for Wii, if I get bored i'll just buy new games.

I know 360 is a lot of fun, because I've played many games for it and yeah I had a great time... Like, Elder scrolls of oblivion, halo 3, bioshock, gears of war etc...
but after playing Wii it came into consideration that I may want to buy it, but I think I'm still going to get a 360 especially for games that are on their way, like Fable2.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has a 360 or Wii(Or both) Which one do you prefer, and why? I enjoyed the Wii because it was much more physical and different then other systems but the xbox has so many good games and even more to come.

Why Ps3 didn't come into my consideration is because the only games on their that are good (so far) is heavenly sword and Ninja gaiden sigma... The only reason WHY I would buy one is because of FF. But I can let go of FF for other games. Almost all of the 360's games are hits(in my opinion)

SO BASICALLY, after all that pretty much usless rant, Wii or 360? And does anyone know what other games will be coming out for Wii?
Last edited by kanadajin on Tue 11.27.2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanadajin

RE: Wii V.S 360

Postby saraLynne » Wed 11.28.2007 12:15 am

It's a close call just because of your timing on this question. You don't own either, and both are good systems (I own both). I disagree with your perception that Sony and Microsoft appear to be advancing much quicker. It depends on what you look for in a game. I want fun, engaging gameplay. I want a great story, and I want it to last for a considerable amount of time for the price tag.

I get that somewhat with the 360 and PS2 (Halo, FF, Dragon Quest, Gears of War, Jade Empire, and now Mass Effect). But I also want something new. The Wii provides that, not to mention the virtual console which lets me buy old school games (and even some previously unavailable imports) for pennies on the dollar. Considering I grew up with those games, it's a huge draw for me.

Xbox 360 may actually be more economical for you at this point because there is a gigantic backlog of budget games. Don't confuse budget with "bad" games. A lot of really good games get repackaged a year later with a huge price drop, and that's good for "late adopters" like you. :) Certainly it doesn't hurt to have a huge library of software to choose from as soon as you open the box!

Wii has Super Mario Galaxy, which appears to be a fantastic game. I bought it for my children, along with their own Wii remotes, for Christmas so I won't get to play it for another month yet. T_T Of course there's Zelda. If you like turn based strategy, the Fire Emblem series has already found its way to the Wii as well.

Built in wi-fi makes it easier to get online with your Wii than with the Xbox 360. You must buy a wireless adapter (usually $100) or a pre-programmed pair of wireless communicators ($60) to go online with the 360. However, the Wii does require you to have a wireless access point, while the 360 has the option for a wired connection.

If you have a nintendo DS, the Wii and the DS can communicate without any special setup. They just find each other. Not that there's anything much that's been done to make use of this feature yet, but I imagine it'll be pretty fun when they do.

There's advantages to both, and I am pleased to finally have both sitting on my entertainment center. I could never say which one I love more, because it depends on my mood. ^_^

I will agree strongly with you on one point, though. The PS3 seems like the Edsel of the video game industry. Too big, too powerful, ugly, and overpriced. :P Good luck with your decision!
saraLynne

Re: Wii V.S 360

Postby Zakari » Wed 08.27.2008 7:53 pm

I like the 360 personally. To me it has many more fun games, which to me means first person shooters, rts, racing, and action-adventure games. I've come across only 1 good wii game that wasn't for any of the other consoles (super smash bros brawl). It seems to me that there are a lot of crappy games and a few good games for the wii.

I would have gotten the ps3 if it had launched earlier because it has a lot of games that are multi-platform with the 360 but there is free online play and there is ps3 home, which, from what i hear is like second life.
Also it has a web browser, built in bluray (if you dont have a hi-def tv get one, they truly are better)folding@home, which is used to help find a cure for cancer (it only runs when you are connected to the internet, and it is on, but you arent using it) and the ps3 can be turned into a full-linux based computer (it would dual boot, if you dont know what that means look it up). but the ps3 doesn't have some of theearlier games for 360, such as cod2.

compared to cars, the wii would be a VW beetle, the 360 would be an suv, and a ps3 would be a lamborghini.
Zakari

Postby becki_kanou » Wed 08.27.2008 9:05 pm

Please check the date of threads before posting. This thread had been dead for almost a year.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 08.28.2008 12:00 am

becki_kanou wrote:Please check the date of threads before posting. This thread had been dead for almost a year.

The console wars know not the bounds of time!

I still think that the SNES is TOTALLY better than the Genesis... Or as I like the call it: the Gene-suck! :mrgreen:
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby becki_kanou » Thu 08.28.2008 12:03 am

no way.... genesis pwns SNES.... SNES suxors! !!!!11!!!!!!!eleventy!!!!
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Sairana » Thu 08.28.2008 12:10 am

[insert stereotypical geeky lisp]
Any serious gaming afficionado would concur that the Sega Neptune was and is the only system worth playing. Only an elite few acquired the prototypes for this futuristic system, all of whom now are a society of Illuminati, controlling and manipulating the video game industry worldwide.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Return to Games