Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese summer music festivals

Japanese summer music festivals

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Japanese summer music festivals

Postby m_ » Sat 01.26.2008 7:20 am

Hiy I'm really keen on going to one of the Japanese summer music festivals e.g. Fuji Rock, Summer Sonic, Nano Mugen Fes, Rising Sun Rock Festival. I would appreciate if you could share your experiences with me? most importantly is it easy to purchase tix from overseas, n do they typically have a website for online purchase? Which of these rock show, or others I may not know about, would you recommend?

another thing is that I know that my favourite bands sometimes perform at the Zepp Tokyo (or other Zepp locations), it seems that events at Zepp Tokyo do not sell tix via an online website. So do people in Japan normally go to a counter to purchase tix? cos it seems very difficult for me to attend the event as tix are sold out weeks in advance, so it seems impossible for me to buy tix if they do not sell it online.
m_

RE: Japanese summer music festivals

Postby m_ » Mon 01.28.2008 2:55 am

no responses..

rock is dead?
m_

RE: Japanese summer music festivals

Postby skrhgh3b » Mon 01.28.2008 3:09 am

Haven't been lucky enough to attend a rock festival in Japan. But I saw Kiyoshiro Imawano perform in Kamakura a couple of years ago, and it was hands down the best concert I've ever been to. He started on time (unheard of!), the band was hot, and everyone was really into the show.

Bought the tickets at 7/11 :D
Last edited by skrhgh3b on Mon 01.28.2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Return to Japanese Movies and Music