Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Visual Kei

Visual Kei

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Visual Kei

Postby visual.kei_love » Mon 03.10.2008 11:44 pm

I know there are several topics on JRock but I was just wondering if their were any hard core fans out their like me and what you like to listen too. I listen to everything from Mar’derayla to Irokui to 人格ラヂオ. Then I have my odd moments and I love KAT-TUN.

I was also wondering (I wonder alot if you can't tell.) if people in diffrent contries like diffrent things and so on and so forth.
visual.kei_love

Re: Visual Kei

Postby toshiee » Wed 05.14.2008 2:17 am

I would happen to Love visual-Kei=]=]

'I was also wondering (I wonder alot if you can't tell.) if people in diffrent contries like diffrent things and so on and so forth.'

do you mean that by people in Japan, or some sort? I personally spoke to a member(Zero) of the band 'D'espairsray' during a little interview backstages of Taste of chaos 2008. I asked him about or music here in the states and such, he said it's alright but 'not his thing'. So I don't know, lol. I found that kind of interesting...
toshiee

Postby chikara » Wed 05.14.2008 2:49 am

visual.kei_love wrote:.... I was also wondering ..... if people in diffrent contries like diffrent things and so on and so forth.

No, every one in the world likes exactly the same things. Why do you think McDonalds has made so much money :roll:

:twisted:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby MeiLi » Sat 06.07.2008 5:38 am

My music tastes range too, but it's mainly in Visual Kei. I think I have too many bands I like to list! It can range from Unsraw to アンティック-珈琲店- depending on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I can stray off to bands like NEWS or KAT-TUN too~!

I'm sure there are people who like similar things everywhere around the world~!
「ひそかに君を想うよ」
-彩冷える
MeiLi

Postby Kudo Masaki » Wed 09.17.2008 10:31 pm

I love visual kei! Dir en Grey is my favorite of them. =D
Kudo Masaki

Postby chikara » Wed 09.17.2008 11:15 pm

MeiLi on 07 Jun 2008 20:08
Kudo Masaki on 18 Sep 2008 13:01

:roll:

Kudo Masaki-san, you have been a fairly regular visitor to these fora since this thread was started back in March this year. Why has it taken you this long to decide to revive this thread? Have you only recently discovered Visual Kei?

To me Visual Kei is what used to be called Glam Rock back in my day :shock:

BTW, the OP hasn't visited these fora since 17 May 2008.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby chibikyo7 » Sat 12.20.2008 2:31 pm

Dir en Grey is my absolute favorite band in the whole world. lol I'm a mega-fan. But I also like LM.C, NEWS, An Cafe and many others too.
chibikyo7

Postby Xjort » Wed 03.04.2009 2:34 am

toshiee wrote: I personally spoke to a member(Zero) of the band 'D'espairsray' during a little interview backstages of Taste of chaos 2008. I asked him about or music here in the states and such, he said it's alright but 'not his thing'.

:o Thats mental! Aren't D'espairsray HEAVILY influenced by late 90's american nu-metal & industrial?? Heh, statements liek that can get ye killed by hardcore j-glompers. :lol:
Xjort

Native language: English

Postby Xjort » Wed 03.04.2009 2:50 am

chikara wrote:To me Visual Kei is what used to be called Glam Rock back in my day :shock: .

Oooh, there ye get into the debate of "neo-visual" & "traditional"-visual kei. :roll: I'm of the same opinion though, at its roots its all glam rock.

I do think "Visual kei" is a horribly broad terminology to give to EVERY band/group/artist in japan that put a fair amount of effort into stagewear/ & other visuals(who'd have guessed eh?) as thoughout japan, & the world for that matter, you can find bands who may play exactly the same type/style/genre of music as a so-called "visual kei" band but perhas they dont bother to wear makeup/extravagant outfits. They just get up their in basic jeans & tshirts. Booooring ye may say, but thats the reality of it.

You honestly think Mana (of Moi Dix Mois & Malice Mizer fame) turns up for band practises in full makeup & french aristocrat attire? I think not, infact i see him as more of a sweats & slippers man myself :D
Xjort

Native language: English

Return to Japanese Movies and Music