Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese DJ recommendations?

Japanese DJ recommendations?

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Japanese DJ recommendations?

Postby Kenitai » Thu 12.11.2008 11:31 am

I find DJ music interesting, lately more, so could anyone recommend me some DJ's?

I have to add that I don't want hiphop DJ's(I'm not into that kind of music anymore lately), but I like
to know DJ's who do techno, rock mixes, etc. :) Maybe some who mix traditional Japanese music into
their works, that'd be the best actually. It also doesn't matter if they use vocals or not.

~Kenitai
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Re: Japanese DJ recommendations?

Postby Kalas » Thu 12.11.2008 1:27 pm

UVERworld!
Kalas

Native language: English

Postby Kenitai » Thu 12.11.2008 2:11 pm

I appreciate the first suggestion, but I'm not looking for bands, but DJ's who work on their own. Or in pairs. :)
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Postby CerpinTaxt » Thu 12.11.2008 8:47 pm

Off the top of my head I can only think of Shinichi Osawa, but he really doesn't remix Japanese songs. Also I don't understand why you would look for Japanese DJ's specifically since it would seem like to me most DJ's wouldn't use songs with Japanese in them but mostly electronic/instrumentals. Of course there might be a few here and there but I assume its a very low percentage. Also like it was suggested in the "Techno/Rave in Japan" thread try myspace that should turn up many results. DJ'ing is really cool though, my brother started DJ'ing a year and ago and was really cool to learn how it works and all the techniques.
The stars can only get closer, they can only get brighter...
CerpinTaxt

Return to Japanese Movies and Music